Question "A device attached to the system is not functioning"

WinstonWithAY

Honorable
Jan 15, 2015
Hi
I was trying to open up CPUID Hardware Monitor and I got the following message: "A device attached to the system is not functioning." I tried installing MSI Afterburner and I get the same message. Furthermore, my PC has been acting weird whilst playing games, where the fans will suddenly ramp up to max speed for a few seconds then settle down for no reason. Can anyone help me out?
Thanks

wong93

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2012
Hi
I was trying to open up CPUID Hardware Monitor and I got the following message: "A device attached to the system is not functioning." I tried installing MSI Afterburner and I get the same message. Furthermore, my PC has been acting weird whilst playing games, where the fans will suddenly ramp up to max speed for a few seconds then settle down for no reason. Can anyone help me out?
Thanks

Head over to device manager, you should be able to tell what are the malfunctioned devices, indicated by an exclamation mark

For the issue where your fans suddenly ramp up, after checking your device manager on what are the marked devices, do update here and we can troubleshoot further

WinstonWithAY

Honorable
Jan 15, 2015
I'm still running into the problem with my case and gpu fans. Temperatures seem normal at around 20-30 degrees celsius but it will randomly spin up. Sometimes it spins up and I close my game but the fans keep spinning. I have no idea what's going on. Can someone please help me out?