Question A device which does not exists was specified

N0oB05

Reputable
Feb 14, 2017
Hi, I opened my PC earlier today and when I went onto google to download a new wallpaper for my desktop, it says "Failed - Download error" instantly after i press save image. I installed a new SSD couple days ago and everything was working fine when I'm using my old HDD as storage and SSD as boot. but today, it was never the same. i went to disk management and it seems like it recognizes the drive. i went to bios and i can see it there as well. i turned off the pc and replugged the hdd wires. and nothing worked. help pls

popatim

Titan
Power the PC off and then swap both cables between the drives. ( 4 cables total, 2 on each drive)
Enter the bios and see which drives are detected there.
  • if both are then boot into Windows and check there.
  • if only 1 is, is it still the HDD or is it the SSD?

Report results back to us please.

N0oB05

Reputable
Feb 14, 2017
Power the PC off and then swap both cables between the drives. ( 4 cables total, 2 on each drive)
Enter the bios and see which drives are detected there.
  • if both are then boot into Windows and check there.
  • if only 1 is, is it still the HDD or is it the SSD?
Report results back to us please.
Ok.. tried all other available cables and non worked.:: checked bios for each and both hdd and ssd are there...

popatim

Titan
Since both Show in the bios, check which mode your Sata ports are in please.
AHCI is preferred for SSD's, it provides for better performance, but Windows will not work if it was not installed while the ports were already in AHCI mode.

Can you link us to a screenshot of you disk management window please?

N0oB05

Reputable
Feb 14, 2017
Since both Show in the bios, check which mode your Sata ports are in please.
AHCI is preferred for SSD's, it provides for better performance, but Windows will not work if it was not installed while the ports were already in AHCI mode.

Can you link us to a screenshot of you disk management window please?
Hi man. Thanks for the reply back. Here is the oicturPicture e https://ibb.co/wR94wt0

N0oB05

Reputable
Feb 14, 2017
Ok good sir, i tried something out with cables and it doesnt say drive is not exists. Now it says when i download somethinf “files cant be saved on a write protected disk”
Ok what the hell.. after i disabled read only its jow back to same ol error disk does not exists