A DIMM slot causes my computer to constantly turn off and on.

Sep 26, 2018
I put together a PC recently to try to be able to play more games, since what I was playing on before was a laptop from over a decade ago. So I managed to get a bit of cash together and buy some parts (I'll get the names of them at the bottom). I put them all together and everything worked fine, until I got more RAM and tried to install it. As soon as I put it in and started my computer back up, it started... but then shut off a second or two later, no beeps, boops, or anything on my monitor. It kept doing it until I switched it off then took out the new RAM and it worked just as normal. I took the RAM that I knew worked and put it in the slot in question (the first one) and had the same problem. I'm clueless why it's not working, I have read something about bent CPU pins but I don't think that's it considering when I put that thing in I treated it like it explode if I was too rough with it. I don't really know what could be wrong with it. This is the stuff I have in my computer

CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G4560 @ 3.50GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

PSU:CORSAIR CX Series CX450 450W ATX12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

RAM: Patriot Memory Signature Line DDR4 4GB UDIMM Frequency 2133MHz (PC4-17000) 1.2 Volt - PSD44G213382
[and the new one] Timetec Hynix IC 4GB DDR4 2133MHz PC4-17000 Non ECC Unbuffered 1.2V CL15 1R8 Single Rank 288 Pin UDIMM Desktop PC Computer Memory Ram Module Upgrade (4GB)

Motherboard: ASRock B250M-HDV LGA 1151 Intel B250 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Micro ATX Motherboards - Intel

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

Could also be that the cpu cooler needs to be checked,when too much pressure on one side of the cpu you might have issues too,so check if all corners are snug in.

The added ram does work in that slot that you say works (second?).

Sep 26, 2018
Never mind all, it WAS a pin. A pin, a single pin. I guess careful isn't careful enough. I bent it back in place and now i'm sitting pretty with double my memory, a whole 8GB.