Question A fan failed on my ASUS DUAL 3060 Ti, is there someone at ASUS I can contact to just get a replacement fan, instead of bothering w/RMA & shipping?

critofur

Distinguished
May 27, 2007
Hello, as the title states I am wondering whom I could speak to at ASUS to save them and me time and money by not going through the regular RMA process of shipping my card to them, having them replace the fan, and then them shipping the card back to me. Just shipping me a little fan saves us both time and money, but, I don't think that's their standard operating procedure, so, I would need to contact the right person there who could make the call to determine that they trust their customer to replace the fan themselves, and, critically: ship one too me.

I've been working on computer hardware since around 1986, and, even had a job repairing laptops for a while, so, a simple GPU fan replacement is something I could practically do in my sleep... :sweatsmile:

I don't think there is anyone in Asus that can simply allow a fan being replaced by the owner and keep the warranty intact.
They have a policy and it's their products to be repaired by them or by authorized shops.
Your experience does not play a role for their policy.

If you don't care about the warranty being lost, then MAYBE someone would allow it. Otherwise, very slim chances (next to none).

Reactions: Ralston18

critofur

Distinguished
May 27, 2007
That's unfortunate. But, FWIW: it would be illegal (at least here in the USA) for them to void the warranty because a customer replaced a fan, unless they could prove that what the customer did caused a problem.

The warranty does changes from region to region. In EU ASUS is very strict and tries to void warranty or not help with faulty products for various reasons.

For example they refuse to honor warranty if the product was purchased in France and you ask to be repaired in Italy that you are currently living. They ask you to ship it back to the store you bought it from or to ASUS in France.
(The countries are an example, I generally mean between two European Union countries).

Ralston18

Titan
Not a lawyer (full disclosure) but I doubt that "illegal" applies.

Reference:

https://www.asus.com/support/images/upload/warranty/us_Graphic Card.pdf

Overall the document is quite clear and readable.

And the last full paragraph on Page 3 pretty much sums it all up....

Seconding @dotas1. However, instead of "next to none" I would say "none".

[Also interesting is Item 5 (m) on Page 5 - something that the bitcoin miners have probably not noted.]

And if Asus does anything different or otherwise just for one customer then that might set a precedent that could make it all moot.]

AgaIn, not a lawyer but that warranty looks very tight to me.

Reactions: dotas1

ASK THE COMMUNITY