a few atma questions

first off, i want to thank the person that mentioned this. it makes
me very happy for my mules. :)

second... i read somewhere about an "unlimited" stash size. where? i
see "cursor" and "buffer", and i can stick items in there, but it's
only a 2x4 block.

thirdly, if i do use that buffer / cursor location, and then load the
character into a game, can this cause instabilities? how could i get
the items from there?

fourth, i stored a polearm i found recently on one of my mules by
putting it in his hand. why not take advantage of storage space if i
can? then i thought about something... the polearm requires level 17,
but all my mules are level 1. what happens if i load this character
in a game with an item equipped like that?

thanks!
cassandra

Hi,

forever darkness <spirit@cyberbeach.netSpAmBoT> wrote in

> second... i read somewhere about an "unlimited" stash size. where? i
> see "cursor" and "buffer", and i can stick items in there, but it's
> only a 2x4 block.

you need to create the stash before you can use it: Utility/New Stash or
Shift+N. But you can only put one stash in a directory.
On the left hand character/item view screen, you'll find your new stash
under D2X tab - double click the entry and it opens. Now open your char
and move items between stash and char.
I use multiple stashes to store uniques or white items and so on.

> thirdly, if i do use that buffer / cursor location, and then load the
> character into a game, can this cause instabilities? how could i get
> the items from there?

Never used this buffer/cursor stuff. But I guess that is just for moving
stuff around in ATMA.

> fourth, i stored a polearm i found recently on one of my mules by
> putting it in his hand. why not take advantage of storage space if i
> can? then i thought about something... the polearm requires level 17,
> but all my mules are level 1. what happens if i load this character
> in a game with an item equipped like that?

Item's background will turn red as you can't use it. He would fight bare-
handed even with the polearm in hand.

One more tip: Under Options, check Auto Backup/Save/Raise. If you don't
save your work in ATMA before leaving, it won't have happened. And be
careful with right-clicking on items - the first option is Delete.

Regards,

Oliver

On that special day, Oliver Wenzel, (ouuch@t-online.de) said...

> you need to create the stash before you can use it: Utility/New Stash or
> Shift+N. But you can only put one stash in a directory.

Erm, what? You can assign a filename to the stash, and create a second
one, with a different name, all within the *same* directory. Guess how
I am telling my "goldie", "sets", "magic", "charm", "specific", "rare"
and so on apart. As I am playing on several machines, the ATMA stash is
located on an USB stick - very handy.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

Hi,

Gabriele Neukam <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> wrote in

> On that special day, Oliver Wenzel, (ouuch@t-online.de) said...
>
>> you need to create the stash before you can use it: Utility/New Stash
>> or Shift+N. But you can only put one stash in a directory.
>
> Erm, what? You can assign a filename to the stash, and create a second
> one, with a different name, all within the *same* directory. Guess how
> I am telling my "goldie", "sets", "magic", "charm", "specific", "rare"
> and so on apart. As I am playing on several machines, the ATMA stash
> is located on an USB stick - very handy.

oh well, learn something new every day. If I remember correctly, I didn't
get multiple stashes in one directory to work at first try - so I created
several sub-directories.. And left it at that..

I save my char data and stashes to an USB stick and a USB hard drive
every other day. Really useful.

Regards,

Oliver