A few case fan questions

Solution
1. On one of the sides you will have "arms" that hold the fan motor + blades. Thats the exhaust side. The intake side of a fan has nothing infront of the blades to mess with airflow.
and
Normaly the end that has the cable comming out from the motor is the exhaust side.

2. The more fans you have the lower the RPM you can have = less noise, But try to have more as intake to get a "positive" pressure.

3. No difference to buy them seperate. Buy as a bundle or single fans is all up to you.
1. On one of the sides you will have "arms" that hold the fan motor + blades. Thats the exhaust side. The intake side of a fan has nothing infront of the blades to mess with airflow.
and
Normaly the end that has the cable comming out from the motor is the exhaust side.

2. The more fans you have the lower the RPM you can have = less noise, But try to have more as intake to get a "positive" pressure.

3. No difference to buy them seperate. Buy as a bundle or single fans is all up to you.

Solution

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
AIR comes out the back of the fan and there is usually an arrow showing direction of airflow.
AU4DMpd.jpg

noahmorgans

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017

Thank you very much, but a few more questions. My case comes with a fan already, since it's on the back, do you think it's probably exhaust? Do you think a the 3:1, intake to exhaust ratio will work out just fine? And do you think these fans will do for a mid-level OC on in intel i5-7600k?

If the fan is mounted in the back of the case it is guaranteed exhaust.

Use 3 fans as intake in the front. 1 rear exhaust and 1 or 2 top as exhaust.

And I agree with SR-71 Blackbird the fans you have picked is not really any good...

Unless you are on a budget I would get better fans.

noahmorgans

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017

I am on a budget but if there are significantly better fans for only a few more bucks, I would consider.

noahmorgans

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017

I will most likely go with the be Quiet! for the reasonable price and quality, but do you know if the fan or the PSU comes with the appropriate cables to connect everything?

noahmorgans

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017

That's the one I had picked out lol. Do you know if they comes with a cable to connect them to either the PSU or the MOBO?

JoeMomma

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
Good choice! I have a be quiet! case and the SilentWings fans are actually totally silent until they get to 100% speed.
They are really good fans (better than the Noctua fans I also have in my case).

OMG! No he didn't! (hate mail incoming).

The be quiet! fans have a 3/4 pin connector depending if you get the PWM version or not.