[SOLVED] A few CPU and MB questions

punisher_09

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2014
  1. Which CPU is better in terms of lifespan between AMD and Intel, if I will not overclock them ?
  2. Which CPU runs hotter ?
  3. What are the maximum normal temperatures for AMD ?
  4. What are the maximum normal temperatures for Intel ?
  5. What is the maximum normal voltage for a AMD CPU ? I saw in some screenshots a maximum of 1.5V, but some people said that is too high... If I will buy AMD, then I need to set the voltage in BIOS ?
  6. What is the difference between AMD and Intel motherboards in terms of power "phases" ? I saw that some MB have mentioned the number of phases and some of them not.

Solution
1. Neither
2 thru 5, depends on particular CPU in question. motherboard and it's BIOS, there are too many different models with different power and voltage requirements.
6. There are many MBs with different VRM and other power sources, ranging from mediocre to extra powered ones, should choose according to CPU.
There are 1000s of different combinations, too many to talk about those things in general.
1. Neither
2 thru 5, depends on particular CPU in question. motherboard and it's BIOS, there are too many different models with different power and voltage requirements.
6. There are many MBs with different VRM and other power sources, ranging from mediocre to extra powered ones, should choose according to CPU.
There are 1000s of different combinations, too many to talk about those things in general.

Solution