Question A few questions about Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-53E5

Gamdjdj

Honorable
Jul 23, 2017
Hey, I have two questions about the Acer Nitro 5, the model number is Acer-AN515-55-53E5. Both of my questions are related to the durability of this laptop.

The first question is about the lid. I usually open my laptop and close my laptop's lid by holding it from the upper left side corner of the laptop's screen. I learnt today that it is not safe to do that, is it true? Is Acer Nitro 5 stable enough to handle such action? Will it damage the laptop's lid in long term? How can I know if my laptop's lid is already damaged? What problems should I check for? What kind of damages can be caused by opening the laptop by holding it on the corner of lid? How can I know if my laptop is still fine or needs repair? Please help me on this topic! I will stop doing this, I just want to check for all problems doing this can cause and make sure that my laptop is still fine or needs repair.

And the second question is that is it safe to carry my laptop around while a game's running? It has a HDD inside, can sudden jerks or lifting my laptop up from the table or sliding it on the table damage my laptop's internal parts? HDD? Fans or anything? Is Acer Nitro 5 durable enough to handle it? I want your personal opinion on the laptop and I want to ask if doing this will cause any problems?

The first question is about the lid. I usually open my laptop and close my laptop's lid by holding it from the upper left side corner of the laptop's screen. I learnt today that it is not safe to do that, is it true?

Unless your laptop has an aluminum case, you should open the screen from the center to avoid bending it.

And the second question is that is it safe to carry my laptop around while a game's running? It has a HDD inside, can sudden jerks or lifting my laptop up from the table or sliding it on the table damage my laptop's internal parts?

Are you sure your laptop has an HDD and not SSD?

AlexianaBritmonkey

Honorable
Aug 4, 2017
Yes, it has an HDD.
Your model has a default option of just an SSD, at 256GiB. Do you have the extra option of a mechanical disk? If so, handle it with care. Mechanical disks don't like being jerked around. Luckily though, most of the times they'll be spun down unless you're actively accessing data on them frequently. Dropping, kicking, hard bumping and alike are all not recommended practice and likely void your warranty and sense of joy in gaming