[SOLVED] A few questions about compatibility with my motherboard

Bonstrigmo

Reputable
Mar 28, 2019
I got an EVGA Dark z390 mobo and it only has two 2.0 USB headers. One of the headers will be going to my CPU AIO and the other one would be going to the iCUE Commander PRO that has 6 iCUE QL120 RGB. With the extra two 2.0 USB headers, could I connect one of the iCUE Lighting Node Core to one of those two headers and connect four QL120 RGB to the Node Core and have everything be recognized? None of these fans would be plugged into the CPU plug on the MOBO and all connected via these two nodes.

I will be putting all this into a Lian Li Dynamic XL so I'll have room for 10 fans. Also since the EVGA Dark is a E-ATX will it fit into this case? It says it fits E-ATX but I had an issue with the size in my current case even tho it says it fits E-ATX mobos.

Last edited:
Solution
There's a small issue concerning the E-ATX form factor: It doesn't have a size standard like the other mobo form factors do. The name itself doesn't mean anything.
You'd likely have to take measurements directly in the case to be sure, otherwise:
-it might not fit
-it'll fit, but you may have to sacrifice something, like radiator placement, or the distro plate, if you plan to install one
-maybe it'll fit without issue

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
There's a small issue concerning the E-ATX form factor: It doesn't have a size standard like the other mobo form factors do. The name itself doesn't mean anything.
You'd likely have to take measurements directly in the case to be sure, otherwise:
-it might not fit
-it'll fit, but you may have to sacrifice something, like radiator placement, or the distro plate, if you plan to install one
-maybe it'll fit without issue

Solution