[SOLVED] A few questions about updating motherboard bios

Dillusion

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019
I think i might be a bit paranoid but on seeing many cases of motherboards biting the dust because of simple bios update failure is bugging me i have hesitated for a long time to update my gigabyte z390 aorus ultra , so i got a few questions,

1. Is updating the bios worth it? The reasons seem kind of fair especially the bios refresh and the microcode update according to this pic: View: http://imgur.com/a/KJmNK0h

2.If i were to update should i directly install the newest or sequentially(F7>f8>f9)?

3. Has anyone got any experience with the automatic dualbios feature? How reliable is it? Last time i had a problem with my bios but trying to force my backup bios didnt help(but cmos reset did)

Edit:4.Should i use @bios or quick flash for the process?

Solution
Flashing from within the BIOS using the BIOS update utility inside the BIOS, is always the better option. Download the desired BIOS version, in this case F9 would be recommended, unzip it's contents to a flash drive, exit Windows and go into the BIOS, find the update utility and run it and then point it to the new firmware version on the flash drive.

There is no need to install prior versions. The latest version contains all prior versions, where HAVING the contents of desired versions is desirable. In some cases, if there was something bad in a prior version, obviously that will not make its way onto a newer version.

I have never seen anybody brick a motherboard updating the BIOS, in a long time, unless there was already an existing...
Flashing from within the BIOS using the BIOS update utility inside the BIOS, is always the better option. Download the desired BIOS version, in this case F9 would be recommended, unzip it's contents to a flash drive, exit Windows and go into the BIOS, find the update utility and run it and then point it to the new firmware version on the flash drive.

There is no need to install prior versions. The latest version contains all prior versions, where HAVING the contents of desired versions is desirable. In some cases, if there was something bad in a prior version, obviously that will not make its way onto a newer version.

I have never seen anybody brick a motherboard updating the BIOS, in a long time, unless there was already an existing hardware issue and if something is wrong enough with your hardware to make you hesitate to update for fear of it shutting off or freezing up during the update then it is a good idea to not do it and resolve that problem first.

Solution

Dillusion

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019

I have never seen anybody brick a motherboard updating the BIOS, in a long time, unless there was already an existing hardware issue and if something is wrong enough with your hardware to make you hesitate to update for fear of it shutting off or freezing up during the update then it is a good idea to not do it and resolve that problem first.
Thanks, i just decided to update it using the traditional flash drive technique and everything is fine for now