A few questions

KenGee

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016
Hi there. I recently decided to 'revamp' my pc. So here's the specs :

OS.........: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU........: AMD A10-6800K 89 °C Richland 32nm Technology
RAM........: 16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 797MHz (11-11-12-28)
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. A88XM-A (FM2+ ) 54 °C
Graphics...: HP2159 (1920x1080@60Hz) 768MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 8670D (ASUStek Computer Inc) 22 °C
Storage....: 1863GB Seagate ST2000DM 001-1ER164 SATA Disk Device (SATA) 25 °C

I recently changed my graphics card with a Sapphire Radeon R7 370 NITRO DUAL-X OC 4GB DDR5 256BIT PCI-E 3.0.
Needless to say, my gaming capacity jumped up a bunch.

What I'd need to know is, how I can upgrade more my build?
Should I, like, change the motherboard? ( I don't know ANYTHING about motherboards or video cards..)
Also there's this problem: using monitoring programs I noticed that my cpu gets a bit hot while playing, something around 60 ° celsius (140 F) and the new graphics card gets hot too, despite the two fans it has.

Thank you all in advance and sorry for my bad english.

Solution
I wouldn't worry about the grapics card. AMD cards usually run a bit toasty, and they were designed with that in mind. Don't worry about it until it starts getting over 85 degrees.

As for your A10, it's absolute maximum is in the neighbourhood of 70 degrees. So 60 is starting to cut it a bit close, especially if you're running it for any length of time. If you haven't in a while, maybe consider changing out the thermal paste or upgrading your cooling solution.

To upgrade, an SSD would be a great choice. It really makes a massive difference in terms of how responsive your PC is, although it won't really affect gaming performance in an FPS sense. To have an effect on that, I think you're looking at changing out your whole platform...

lindsay24

Reputable
Mar 30, 2015
I wouldn't worry about the grapics card. AMD cards usually run a bit toasty, and they were designed with that in mind. Don't worry about it until it starts getting over 85 degrees.

As for your A10, it's absolute maximum is in the neighbourhood of 70 degrees. So 60 is starting to cut it a bit close, especially if you're running it for any length of time. If you haven't in a while, maybe consider changing out the thermal paste or upgrading your cooling solution.

To upgrade, an SSD would be a great choice. It really makes a massive difference in terms of how responsive your PC is, although it won't really affect gaming performance in an FPS sense. To have an effect on that, I think you're looking at changing out your whole platform (motherboard + CPU), as you're pretty close to the tope of the FM2+ platform already.

Solution

KenGee

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016

Thank you for this answer. I bought a new cooler master fan and now the CPU doesn't go over 40C.