A few stability issues...

instantcoffee

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
Hey, Recently I have been trying to unlock the 2 cores on my Phenom II x2 550 to a X4 B50

I am able to do it, and when I run prime95 maximum stress test over 6-7+ hours no problems.

but as soon as I run Blend. it crashes... i also ran a program called memtest not the memtest86 but 1 that you can run in windows. and everytime i run that as a x4 b50 it crashes half way through. Any idea's on how to fix this? Im quite new to this and just out of curiosity could it have anything to do with ram timings not working well with a quad or something? I was able to play gta 4 for a while and it ran very smoothly but when i hit the windows key and tried to get back into it the game crashed. I have tried raising the voltage. and it didn't fix the crashes but it did allow me to boot the computer up instantly. usually when I change it to a quad in the bios and save the settings the computer won't boot up until i hold the power button and turn it off properly. after that it will boot fine.

Also, my current bios is at f4. Is it recommended to update it to f5?

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=3006#anchor_os

it says some update id for Phenom II and athlon II cpu's.

Cheers, Instant Coffee

instantcoffee

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
I ran memtest as duel core and it runs fine. mabye theres not enough voltage in the ram as a quad or something im not sure. but my specs are...

AMD Phenom II x2 550
4gb Patriot ddr800 Ram ( Don't know what series )
Sapphire HD4850 512mb
Gigabyte GA-MA720 US3 Motherboard
Enermax 535watt PSU
Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro Cpu cooler