A Fix for pc turning back on, (possibly power supply?)

Billy_106

Prominent
Jul 1, 2017
My Pc has had this problem since the second day I built it where I turn it off, (by the power button, or through windows 10) where on occasion it would turn right back on after it shutdown. The Power supply revd up so much that it startled me the first time it happened. Months later, this event went from a 2 days a week occurrence, to almost every day of the week. I shouldn't have waited this long to try and fix the problem, and I've done a lot of software troubleshooting, but once none of those solutions worked, I figured it may be the hardware, and I am not sure if I need a new Power supply. Here are 2 links. The first is exactly what happens when I turn the pc off. The second is the error message that occasionally appears, you will see it pop up very quickly in the video (which apparently has nothing to do with this after I looked it up)
See the troubleshooting section to know what I have tried

Video (The problem in action): http://
Picture (Error message that is most likely irrelevant): http://

Previous Troubleshooting:
I've updated all drivers; Turned off rebooting after a crash (Pc turn on/off isn't a CRASH); No peripherals are causing it to turn on/ wake from sleep; Fast Boot is disabled; Turned off fast start up; Ran windows memory diagnostic; Ran sfc \scan command in cmd; "Restore after AC Power Loss" in the BIOS is already off;
"Wake on magic packet" and "Pattern match" are both off.
In event viewer, "AppModel-Runtime Event ID 37, App Container profile failed with error 0x800700B7 because it was unable to register the AppContainer SID." may or may not mean something. I've looked this up multiple times but couldn't find anything helpful relating to Event 37
Booted into safe mode, turned off computer... turns right back on
I seriously think it's the hardware, specifically the power-supply.
The Reset and Power On buttons are not hooked up to the wrong places in the MOBO; i checked.

Solution
I have spoke with microsoft about errors many times. ALl the app runtime errors are completely normal. Do not worry about those. Its from un installing apps and not letting microsoft shove them in your face all day. I get the same ones.

Perhaps there is a short in your 24 pinn cable? Causing the two pins that give the PSU power on are contacting funny?

The powering on sounded relatively normal, all your fans will spin up to full speed when it first starts up, then slow right down. YOu should pull your power supply, short the 2 pins that make it "turn on" and see what the PSU does... so if it turns on and off... also of course check your front panel connectors for your power and reset switch. Maybe your reset switch is connected...

glytch5

Reputable
Mar 22, 2017
I have spoke with microsoft about errors many times. ALl the app runtime errors are completely normal. Do not worry about those. Its from un installing apps and not letting microsoft shove them in your face all day. I get the same ones.

Perhaps there is a short in your 24 pinn cable? Causing the two pins that give the PSU power on are contacting funny?

The powering on sounded relatively normal, all your fans will spin up to full speed when it first starts up, then slow right down. YOu should pull your power supply, short the 2 pins that make it "turn on" and see what the PSU does... so if it turns on and off... also of course check your front panel connectors for your power and reset switch. Maybe your reset switch is connected where the power switch should be? Probably not but that would be weird.

Thats a tough one man.. can't say I have ever seen that. You could talk with microsoft over chat, the techs would know if there is a setting for ya to change maybe... they are actually very helpful over messenger!

Solution