Question A friend got a new motherboard and now wont load bios.

Jul 18, 2019
A friend of mines old motherboard fried and we got them a new one from eBay that came with a i5 processor.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/42486/intel-desktop-board-dq57tm.html

This is what we got and they say that after they plugged everything in, the fans work and they hear a beep but that's it. Nothing on the screen and not even the bios shows up.

They are switching from amd to Intel and am aware they need to do a fresh install of the os but how can we access that without being able to access the bios?

Last edited:

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Which i5 did it come with?
Which PSU is being used?
What is the RAM being used?

Try a breadboard install first. Take the board and set it on something insulated. Connect just the CPU/cooler, monitor (to iGPU), RAM, PSU, keyboard. Nothing else. Momentarily short the two pins that the case's power button would connect to for starting.
And be sure to use a USB2.0 port or PS2, not USB3.0 in case the board needs a driver first to recognize the 3.0 chip.

Jul 18, 2019
Which PSU is being used?

Try a breadboard install first. Take the board and set it on something insulated. Connect just the CPU/cooler, monitor (to iGPU), RAM, PSU, keyboard. Nothing else. Momentarily short the two pins that the case's power button would connect to for starting.
And be sure to use a USB2.0 port or PS2, not USB3.0 in case the board needs a driver first to recognize the 3.0 chip.

Nevermind, we got it to work. Turns out the problem was that we didn't put three gpu you in all the way

Jul 18, 2019
Which PSU is being used?

Nevermind, we got it to work. Turns out the problem was that we didn't put three gpu you in all the way