A good m.2 sata brand?

fanatiqq

Honorable
Nov 17, 2015
hello, I'm looking to buy an m.2 sata b+m key for a laptop just for faster loading times of the OS and maybe 1-2 games (currently using only a 7200rpm hdd). I have like 30-40 euros to spend and I was looking for them on a second hand site when I came across a few brands that I don't know much about in the SSDs field. Transcend, SanDisk, Intenso, Toshiba, Sk Hynix.
Anyone knows which of these are realiable? I've talked to the Toshiba owner and looking at the sk hynix online, good stuff is written about them
toshiba thnsnk128gvn8
sk hynix hfs128g39tnd-n210a
Help me please, I just need like a ranking from the best/reliable to the worst/non-reliable

Spend a bit more for Samsung.
Good performance, reliability and warranty.

You can then use the Samsung ssd migration app to move your C drive to the new ssd painlessly.

If 120gb holds the current contents of your hard drive, you are good.

I find a clean install on a laptop to be somewhat of a pain.
You need to find the appropriate device drivers, and that seems to be more difficult than with desktop components.

USAFRet

Titan

The only Samsung 120GB m.2 SATA drive I've found is $130.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=9SIA24G2NU4413

It would seem that's a bit out of his price range of "30-40 euros".

fanatiqq

Honorable
Nov 17, 2015
I'll settle for Toshiba, Sk Hynix or Sandisk whoever is available first. The laptop only has a Sata M.2 so it's all it needs. As for my desktop with NVMe I found an Intel 600 for 35 euros which I would buy

Is the device in question limited to M.2 form factor devices/media, not accepting standard 2.5" SATA form factor drives?

Often, M.2 SATA devices are more expensive than conventional drives, which flies in the face of reason considering it's little form factor, but, since they offer the same performance, there is little reason to choose/prefer one over the other unless M.2 were less expensive.

fanatiqq

Honorable
Nov 17, 2015
It already has a hdd 1tb 7200rpm from factory, and I can't replace that with a 2,5" ssd since then the space wouldn't be enough for multimedia and games. But the OS and games run really slow from this hdd, that's why this is the only and best possible option to resolve the issue. Install OS and 1-2 games on ssd