beepadyboopady

Reputable
Apr 12, 2018
So at the moment, I am trying to upgrade my current setup (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Gy4Z4q), and definitely need to as I need to upgrade to a SSD as I only have a HDD. The case which is a must as it restricts airflow, I was just wondering what mid tower case I would get. The case I am looking at the current moment is, the Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE, mainly because of the glass front panel, PSU and the dust filters. I was wondering if there any other cases which are similar to this. Any other suggestions for my PC build would be appreciated as this is my first build and still learning!

Solution
So at the moment, I am trying to upgrade my current setup (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Gy4Z4q), and definitely need to as I need to upgrade to a SSD as I only have a HDD. The case which is a must as it restricts airflow, I was just wondering what mid tower case I would get. The case I am looking at the current moment is, the Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE, mainly because of the glass front panel, PSU and the dust filters. I was wondering if there any other cases which are similar to this. Any other suggestions for my PC build would be appreciated as this is my first build and still learning!

The corsair 500D is a good case. There is also the Phanteks Evolv X which has extremely good reviews all over the internet. I would...

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019

The corsair 500D is a good case. There is also the Phanteks Evolv X which has extremely good reviews all over the internet. I would recommend upgrading your PSU asap because that is a pretty low end model and it is semi modular. I would also recommend getting a samsung 860 evo or an m.2 NVMe ssd of some sort as they are very good =)

Solution

beepadyboopady

Reputable
Apr 12, 2018
The corsair 500D is a good case. There is also the Phanteks Evolv X which has extremely good reviews all over the internet. I would recommend upgrading your PSU asap because that is a pretty low end model and it is semi modular. I would also recommend getting a samsung 860 evo or an m.2 NVMe ssd of some sort as they are very good =)
The Phanteks Evolv X does look like a fantastic case and I might get it, about the PSU. I was wondering a good PSU to get I am thinking about getting an 850w PSU but not sure as there is a lot of options and I don't really know what makes a PSU "good", if you could give me any suggestions, it would be much appreciated, thanks! But the only issue is that I live in Australia and I am finding it difficult to get a case over to Australia.

Last edited:

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019
The Phanteks Evolv X does look like a fantastic case and I might get it, about the PSU. I was wondering a good PSU to get I am thinking about getting an 850w PSU but not sure as there is a lot of options and I don't really know what makes a PSU "good", if you could give me any suggestions, it would be much appreciated, thanks! But the only issue is that I live in Australia and I am finding it difficult to get a case over to Australia.

Oh ok. I live in NZ so I feel you. OK so what makes a power supply good is the brand, wattage, efficiency and the age of it. The newer then the better of course. I would recommend a Corsair RMX or EVGA Supernova G2 or G3 850w Power supply. I have the Supernova G3 850w and it is an excellent PSU

beepadyboopady

Reputable
Apr 12, 2018
Oh ok. I live in NZ so I feel you. OK so what makes a power supply good is the brand, wattage, efficiency and the age of it. The newer then the better of course. I would recommend a Corsair RMX or EVGA Supernova G2 or G3 850w Power supply. I have the Supernova G3 850w and it is an excellent PSU
I was thinking of getting the Corsair RM750X, or maybe a major upgrade the ROG Thor 850W. For the case I was thinking of getting the Lian Li PC O11 Dynamic Razer Edition, but that is even harder to get in AU so I am still a bit stumped for cases, but have sorted out the storage (SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M.2: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB), and the PSU, Fans (LL120 and ML120 RGB), but the case is the hardest and last thing I have left to find!

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019
I was thinking of getting the Corsair RM750X, or maybe a major upgrade the ROG Thor 850W. For the case I was thinking of getting the Lian Li PC O11 Dynamic Razer Edition, but that is even harder to get in AU so I am still a bit stumped for cases, but have sorted out the storage (SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M.2: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB), and the PSU, Fans (LL120 and ML120 RGB), but the case is the hardest and last thing I have left to find!

Personally I would only get 1 type of fan not 2 different ones. The Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic is a great case. ROG Thor PSU is a good one but you need a case that has a window in the PSU shroud or has the PSU in the open which means the cables would have to managed insanely good. The case is one thing I hate finding on a PC build as well 😂😂. Too many good options

beepadyboopady

Reputable
Apr 12, 2018
Personally I would only get 1 type of fan not 2 different ones. The Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic is a great case. ROG Thor PSU is a good one but you need a case that has a window in the PSU shroud or has the PSU in the open which means the cables would have to managed insanely good. The case is one thing I hate finding on a PC build as well 😂😂. Too many good options
Arg, cases are so hard to find, but honestly might just go with the Phanteks Evolv X as you originally said. Thanks for all the help!

TRENDING THREADS