[SOLVED] A Good performance monitor

Hope2019

Reputable
Oct 27, 2019
Hello guys,

I like to have some kind of a performance monitor to keep an eyes on my laptop's temps n stuff while gaming..

and there is a software known as Advanced systemcare that has a very good and simple performance monitor tool which i really like

Performance-m.png

but the problem is the software its self is always flagged as a potential threat by antivirus softwares, i also googled it and experinced pros alwas advices people to remove it.

so i wonder if there is any similar simple and easy performance monitor you'd reccomend?
thanks in advance

Solution
You don't really need to do this constantly. I use HWMonitor. Run that, run a gaming benchmark a few times, see how the temps go. If you feel the system is acting off or fans are more active or louder, run same thing and compare with your old rating. Having the monitor always on is pretty much a waste, people run all sorts of monitoring things but unless you are taking care of a bank or servers for a major bank there is no need to check things live all the time. It's just something that gets in the head of people so they think they have control or are being proactive, but really it's no better than running it once and checking it if you notice something working odd.
You don't really need to do this constantly. I use HWMonitor. Run that, run a gaming benchmark a few times, see how the temps go. If you feel the system is acting off or fans are more active or louder, run same thing and compare with your old rating. Having the monitor always on is pretty much a waste, people run all sorts of monitoring things but unless you are taking care of a bank or servers for a major bank there is no need to check things live all the time. It's just something that gets in the head of people so they think they have control or are being proactive, but really it's no better than running it once and checking it if you notice something working odd.

Reactions: Hope2019
Solution

Hope2019

Reputable
Oct 27, 2019
You don't really need to do this constantly. I use HWMonitor. Run that, run a gaming benchmark a few times, see how the temps go. If you feel the system is acting off or fans are more active or louder, run same thing and compare with your old rating. Having the monitor always on is pretty much a waste, people run all sorts of monitoring things but unless you are taking care of a bank of servers for a major bank there is no need to check things live all the time. It's just something that gets in the head of people so they think they have control or are being proactive, but really it's no better than running it once and checking it if you notice something working odd.

That's actually so convincing , and makes sense
Thank you very much for your respond and advice , i'll do that :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalnon

Reputable
Dec 27, 2019
Hello guys,

I like to have some kind of a performance monitor to keep an eyes on my laptop's temps n stuff while gaming..

and there is a software known as Advanced systemcare that has a very good and simple performance monitor tool which i really like

Performance-m.png

but the problem is the software its self is always flagged as a potential threat by antivirus softwares, i also googled it and experinced pros alwas advices people to remove it.

so i wonder if there is any similar simple and easy performance monitor you'd reccomend?
thanks in advance

You absolutely should uninstall Advanced System Care. It is complete trash along with all other IOBit software. IOBit is a very shady company. It's often flagged by anti-virus's because it is a borderline virus\spyware . It actually slows down your pc and using its "tools" you can easily damage or destroy your OS permanently. This software does absolutely nothing to help your pc at all.

As for a system monitor I agree HWmonitor is probably the best. I do wish there was a system monitor that has a nice GUI interface like Advanced System Care shows though. HWMonitor is too basic for my liking.

Reactions: Dean0919
I would suggest MSIAfterburner. This allows you to record actual readings over time during your gameplay and can be presented back to you in graph format. I agree that you don’t need to always be monitoring but it’s also good to have an idea of how you pc Islamabad performing, especially if a new problem occurs you have a point of reference before the problem.