[SOLVED] A good PSU line/model? (Seasonic Focus GX - 2017(?)) & PSU Recommendations

Garen D

Reputable
Jul 15, 2020
I'm looking to upgrade to a better PSU from a SeaSonic M12II 520 Bronze EVO Edition 520W. Currently I'm looking at this PSU that is also from Seasonic: Seasonic FOCUS GX-750, 750W Full-Modular Power Supply for Gaming - Newegg.ca. It looks good so far but when I was looking at the PSUCultists tier list I noticed this "[7] Older Seasonic Focus revisions (made before 2018) had transient sensitivity issues. Some new SKUs are not affected because they were released later (Seasonic Focus GM/GX/PX refreshes, Phanteks AMP, NZXT C/E etc.). " and wanted to double check with more veteran users if it would be a good call to buy the GX 750. I'm also looking for suggestions for other brands with fully modular PSUs as Seasonic is the only brand I have experience with for my main PC System.

the specific model number 'SSR-750FX' should entail which version it is and when it was produced.

the Corsair RMx and the Super Flower Leadex III Gold have both been going for similar prices to this Focus GX lately.
all three are some of highest rated / top tiered power supplies available.

I'm looking to upgrade to a better PSU from a SeaSonic M12II 520 Bronze EVO Edition 520W. Currently I'm looking at this PSU that is also from Seasonic: Seasonic FOCUS GX-750, 750W Full-Modular Power Supply for Gaming - Newegg.ca. It looks good so far but when I was looking at the PSUCultists tier list I noticed this "[7] Older Seasonic Focus revisions (made before 2018) had transient sensitivity issues. Some new SKUs are not affected because they were released later (Seasonic Focus GM/GX/PX refreshes, Phanteks AMP, NZXT C/E etc.). " and wanted to double check with more veteran users if it would be a good call to buy the GX 750. I'm also looking for suggestions for other brands with fully modular PSUs as Seasonic is the only brand I have experience with for my main PC System.
This one seems like a good deal as it is rated as tier A on the list maintained here and on sale for $90

https://www.newegg.ca/thermaltake-t...on-ps-tpd-0650fnfaga-1-650w/p/N82E16817153396