Question A good upgrade from the AMD FX 6300?

Tom1996

Honorable
Nov 17, 2014
I've had my build for around 5 years now and im noticing the cpu reaching its limit on games. First fo all, what would you recommend upgrading to so i can handle Cyberpunk 2077 when it's released? I don't really want to be having to upgrade my mobo and RAM as well

Also, would you consider getting a 2nd hand cpu as I'm on a budget.

I also have a Radeon r9 270 gpu which is okay, but again, im looking to upgrade, probably to a Nvidia card. With this, im 99% going to buy 2nd hand. Things to look out for when buying 2nd hand cards + what card would you go for?

Cheers

I've had my build for around 5 years now and im noticing the cpu reaching its limit on games. First fo all, what would you recommend upgrading to so i can handle Cyberpunk 2077 when it's released? I don't really want to be having to upgrade my mobo and RAM as well

Also, would you consider getting a 2nd hand cpu as I'm on a budget.

I also have a Radeon r9 270 gpu which is okay, but again, im looking to upgrade, probably to a Nvidia card. With this, im 99% going to buy 2nd hand. Things to look out for when buying 2nd hand cards + what card would you go for?

Cheers
You will have to upgrade ther board and RAM. the best chip on that socket is the 9590 which is invrediblt slow, draws 220W at stock and require an expensive board and a good cooler. The obly viable chip is the 835x chips which are still very slow.

Also GPU it depends, the RX580 is probs the best value around now

Reactions: Tom1996

Tom1996

Honorable
Nov 17, 2014
You will have to upgrade ther board and RAM. the best chip on that socket is the 9590 which is invrediblt slow, draws 220W at stock and require an expensive board and a good cooler. The obly viable chip is the 835x chips which are still very slow.

Thanks for the reply! What about intel cpu's? I know I'd have to get a new mobo but is there still good intel cpu's which are ddr3?

Also, i want to stay away from AMD gpu's and go for Nvidia this time. So for a budget second-hand gpu, which gtx would you recommend price per performance?

Thanks for the reply! What about intel cpu's? I know I'd have to get a new mobo but is there still good intel cpu's which are ddr3?

Also, i want to stay away from AMD gpu's and go for Nvidia this time. So for a budget second-hand gpu, which gtx would you recommend price per performance?
DDR3 support for Intel stopped with 5th generation and we are now on 9th gen, any DDR3 setup is out of date and hard to justify investing any money in.

Why would you go nvidia? their cards age faster and are more expensive.

The only intel CPUS with DDR3 worth getting are the 4000 series i7s now really but even then you'd need a hefty overclock if the chip will even do it. But you're better off investing in a new platform, atm I would recommend Ryzen 2000 and a used RX 580