A great company to deal with!

Afella

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
A couple of years ago I had purchased a computer from Ibuypower. Did not have much luck with their customer service, with the bad graphics card that came with the machine. I returned the product to the company and lost a few bucks on the deal after they would not replace it, they could have changed since then but I did not want to take that chance again.

i am not all that computer savvy, I know enough to be dangerous, and I can figure out most problems I encounter (these forums being a big help). I do not trust myself enough to build a unit itself, and prefer to purchase a put together PC as is. I recently purchased a Avatar PC off of newegg.com. This one to be exact: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883258043

It's nothing to fancy but it will function for a while, and I will certainly get my moneys worth out of it. Now comes the kicker. Upon initial boot of the system it crashed, or so I thought. The screen went black after a couple of minutes of usage. Attempt and attempt again left me with the same resolution, unable to load windows 8.0 or do anything on the computer, the farthest I got was to the begining of the customization of my windows 8.

So through trial and error, 2 monitors, 2 graphics cards and 2 HDMI cables, I came to the conclusion that the graphics card was the issue. Both monitors and HDMI cables worked with the alternative graphics card. There were a host of other issues I will not type out.

So dealing with Avatar, I just want the card replaced.... Awsome. Within three hours of issueing my ticket, explaining the circumstances it was resolved. I shipped just the card back to them, easily replaced, and quite a pleasure to deal with!

There are things that can make a company, and after working as a manager in retail for 7 years customer service is number 1, and they exceeded in the field.

I would also like to thank this forum for helping me trouble shoot, without asking and questions myself, to figure out the problem. All around a good experience, even if it was a bit rocky.