[SOLVED] A hard wire Wi Fi connection?

BrickyBrian

Reputable
Jan 15, 2016
My wife enjoys using her Tablet and continually mentions her loss of signal from the study where the computer is. I would like to be able to exploit the service our new TV has but think that the Wi Fi signal in the TV room will not be sufficient. Is there a hard wire system I could use connecting the two rooms or pieces of equipment by running I through the ceili

Solution
More information is needed.

Typical home network is(line diagram):

----> representing an ethernet cable if not otherwise labeled.

ISP (TV service?) --(coax cable or telephone line) ---> Modem ----> Router -----> wired devices and ~~~~~> wireless devices.

The modem and router may be a combined device. There may be switches, powerline ethernet adapters, and other devices.

It could be that you can run ethernet cable from the router to the study and use that ethernet cable for her Tablet. Versus a wireless connection.

Edit/correct my line diagram to show the devices you have and include make and models.

Show how they are connected as best you can.

Key is understanding the "service to the new TV".

Ralston18

Titan
More information is needed.

Typical home network is(line diagram):

----> representing an ethernet cable if not otherwise labeled.

ISP (TV service?) --(coax cable or telephone line) ---> Modem ----> Router -----> wired devices and ~~~~~> wireless devices.

The modem and router may be a combined device. There may be switches, powerline ethernet adapters, and other devices.

It could be that you can run ethernet cable from the router to the study and use that ethernet cable for her Tablet. Versus a wireless connection.

Edit/correct my line diagram to show the devices you have and include make and models.

Show how they are connected as best you can.

Key is understanding the "service to the new TV".

Solution

TRENDING THREADS