A laptop comparison if you would

Status
Not open for further replies.

konicki

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
Im stuck between an HP and the new Gateway FX. I have two questions; Which wiill out-perform the other? and, Will either be a big step up from what im playing on now? (details below)

First is the HP:
i7 @ 1.6 GHz and 6MN L2 cache
6GB DDR3 memory
NVIDIA GT 230M with 1gb dedicated DDR3.

Then the FX:
Centrino 2 Core 2 duo P8700 @2.53GHz
4GBDDR3 memory
NVIDIA 260M with 1gb GDDR# dedicated

What im playing on now is a desktop, core 2 duo E660 @2.4, 2GB DDR2 memory and the NVIDIA 8800GTS with 640mb of memory.

This book is primarily for gaming on the move, LAN's and such, but I want to think I will at the very least be making an upgrade from my desktop. Id like to experience the games as good or better on a book... i know that is hard to do without spending mulla. The price difference between the two books is $200 (the FX is the lesser of the two).

THank you!

Solution

Is it worth 500 over the FX? Not likely. Only if you are running apps that can take advantage of an i7 (most games can't/don't).

MW2 is based off the same engine as COD4, just with a few shiny new features. The Gateway FX shouldn't have any problem with it.

konicki

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
thanks for the reply! in the case of getting the best of both worlds, is it really worth the extra $500 dollars? Will this fort of setup play games well for the next gen , MW2 and what not?

Is it worth 500 over the FX? Not likely. Only if you are running apps that can take advantage of an i7 (most games can't/don't).

MW2 is based off the same engine as COD4, just with a few shiny new features. The Gateway FX shouldn't have any problem with it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.