A laptop that is very slow in booting up and constantly 100% without dropping awhile

Jul 7, 2019
I have a very big problem with my associate's laptop.

I'm a semi technician and when I first booted up it came out non-existence. So I have to reinstall Wins 10 even after it did it also booted very slow plus battery surge issue as well. the battery was fine however a lot of the time it can' switch on without the charger. I have a theory of either the motherboard cause the CPU, GPU and RAM was working with no issues. Help?

Laptop Acer E5-476G
CPU Intel =i5-8250U
RAM 4 GB DDR4
GPU MX150 2GB Vram

Jul 7, 2019
100% on...?

The only thing which springs to mind is have you checked the HDD's health?

Yea I have checked and it one of the problem. But I'm also suspecting the main system as well. I try to use my own laptop's HDD on it. It looks good on the first time booted however I restarted it again and became slow on booting up. I'm not entire sure if the HDD might already damage the laptops motherboard or something else have affected it.

I would try to get a new HDD but I don't want to waste money if the system is the problem as well.

If the HDD is one of the problems, then there's the possibility it is failing. Unfortunately it would make things hard to troubleshoot other potential issues because it would act as a mask (so to speak).

Jul 7, 2019
If the HDD is one of the problems, then there's the possibility it is failing. Unfortunately it would make things hard to troubleshoot other potential issues because it would act as a mask (so to speak).

Yea it does this more slowly like opening tabs take slower than a few minutes.

P.s I just sent it to a repair shop. Since the people are more experience on dealing with this kind of problems.

Jul 7, 2019
thanks for the reply! I just figure out that HDD is one problem and I already replace with a WD HDD. The battery I just reset and then defrag the HDD and now its fast as ever.