Question A light skrew driver strike & No display!

Sep 3, 2021
Hello Guys,
With All Due Respect

I have an "Sapphire HD 6670 1 GB " GPU ; I was trying to take the CMOS Battery from the Motherboard using a skrewdriver and all of a sudden it had an strike to the bottom (Board) of the GPU and now it is not giving me the screen at all!

What do you suggest please ?

Should I take it to a repair center (since there is not anyone in my town) or you have any trick to make it work again?

I will be looking forward for your helping please!

All the Best:love:

GPU Photo : https://prnt.sc/1r5v339

vargasbill

Reputable
May 22, 2019
If it suddendly showed a spark or something related could be a short. You can test test the card to find a short circuit by yourself if you have a multimeter and enough basic skills I guess

Reactions: Idris9274

Remeca

Reputable
If it suddendly showed a spark or something related could be a short. You can test test the card to find a short circuit by yourself if you have a multimeter and enough basic skills I guess
I presume the PC is off if he's taking out the cmos battery.

I don't see any obvious damage, but hard to tell exactly, the card is dirty and the pictures are pretty blurry. I would take a dry toothbrush and clean up all the components on the back while looking out for a broken solder, scratches in a trace, or the like.

Reactions: Idris9274

vargasbill

Reputable
May 22, 2019
I presume the PC is off if he's taking out the cmos battery.

I don't see any obvious damage, but hard to tell exactly, the card is dirty and the pictures are pretty blurry. I would take a dry toothbrush and clean up all the components on the back while looking out for a broken solder, scratches in a trace, or the like.
I think the same, it's better to clean the card first and then look into a deeper inspection.