A List of Manufacturers Releasing GeForce GTX Titan Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

saxplayingcompnerd

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010
It must have been tricky to price this card. On one hand it under performs its price point (single card). On the other it is by no means a rip off if you buy two, because two Titans out perform two 690s for the same price.

aoneone

May 27, 2011
So let me get this right.. I need 2 Titans in SLI to see any noticeable difference in Far Cry 3 with 3 screens over the 690 gtx correct? Meh... I think I will wait for the 700 series and I love my gtx 670 ^_^

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
If AMD kept rolling new series every 12 months, this card would be half price now. Nvidia really made some dough on Kepler thanks to AMD.
Also, I still believe this was supposed to be original 680 if 7970 wasn't so underwhelming. Still, I'd rather buy 7970 than 680 due to Nvidia pulling an Apple with this generation.

G

[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]$1,000 for a video card... proves the saying there's a sucker born every minute.[/citation]
Spoken by someone who can't afford one. Some of us can and do buy these types of cards. My single 30" display costs more than this card. I game at 2560 x 1600 so yeh I need one of these or 2 who knows...

G

Well if I had the money I'd get one from EVGA to replace my 400 series card. I've always had good luck with their cards. Sucks being unemployed :[

G

[citation][nom]soldier2013[/nom]Spoken by someone who can't afford one. Some of us can and do buy these types of cards. My single 30" display costs more than this card. I game at 2560 x 1600 so yeh I need one of these or 2 who knows...[/citation]
No you don't. My HD 7850 runs 1440p just fine. You really have to be a sucker to spend $1000 on a single GPU.

valentyn0

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
[citation][nom]sublime2k[/nom]No you don't. My HD 7850 runs 1440p just fine. You really have to be a sucker to spend $1000 on a single GPU.[/citation]

are u bashing him because he wants to buy a better card and on top of that, from nvidia?

pxl9190

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
on another major hardware testing/review site, at 2500x1600 the Titan does perform close enough to the GTX690, without all the usual hassles with SLI. And for far cry 3 both the 690 and the Titan barely made it at that resolution.

My personal experience is with Crysis 3 the situation with single card is even worse.

wdmfiber

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
[citation][nom]Soda-88[/nom]If AMD kept rolling new series every 12 months, this card would be half price now. Nvidia really made some dough on Kepler thanks to AMD.Also, I still believe this was supposed to be original 680 if 7970 wasn't so underwhelming. Still, I'd rather buy 7970 than 680 due to Nvidia pulling an Apple with this generation.[/citation]
You have it backwards. AMD made out better than planned due to Kepler's problems and delays. Tom's had an article out yesterday on the dismal state of GPU sales:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/GPU-fourth-quarter-discrete-embedded-graphics-market,21194.html

Anyway, AMD can't release a new generation every 12 months. TSCM makes the 28nm parts for both AMD and nVidia. However in the lastest case AMD got their parts(platters/chips) months before nVidia. All Kepler GPU's are less than a year old, some only a handful of months old. nVidia was in a bad pinch and they did something radical. They gutted the mid level GK104 of compute ability, boosting graphical processing power and it was able to compete against the Radeon 79XX series in gaming. So all said and done, it kind of worked out ok for nVidia! As they could have been really doomed.

Who knows what will happen with the next generation. Maxwell and Volcanic Islands are the code names. But it's really in the hands of the fabrication companies. Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing(TSCM) and their competitor, GlobalFoundries.

flashjh

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
Not everyone uses cards like this for games. In fact, it really is going to be a flagship for CUDA work. Except for the lack of ECC and a couple of other 'features' anyone who needs GPGPU work will find this card comes at 1/7 the cost of the K20X and performs just about as well (if not better). AMD does need to release more cards to increase competition, but right now we're lucky AMD isn't out of business the way they keep buring through cash and posting huge losses.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
>690 with fan slightly moved to the side.
>EVGA's HCS. Exactly the same.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing...

BoredErica

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
[citation][nom]sublime2k[/nom]No you don't. My HD 7850 runs 1440p just fine. You really have to be a sucker to spend $1000 on a single GPU.[/citation]
No, you have to be rich, which you're not.

susyque747

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Looks nice, price should be down in a year or two for a new gaming rig when the new kiddie consoles are in full swing and the new PC games (port jobs) are better.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]susyque747[/nom]Looks nice, price should be down in a year or two for a new gaming rig when the new kiddie consoles are in full swing and the new PC games (port jobs) are better.[/citation]Kiddie consoles or not but the new PS4 and XBOX are going to have some killer titles only a fool would make fun of. I love my PC but... it's making me nervous with the titles that are lined up.

rooseveltdon

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
[citation][nom]dark_wizzie[/nom]No, you have to be rich, which you're not.[/citation]
Been "rich" should not be an excuse to spend loosely, Warren Buffet is richer than most americans but lives quite frugally.

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
[citation][nom]master_chen[/nom]>690 with fan slightly moved to the side.>EVGA's HCS. Exactly the same.Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing...[/citation]

It's the same size as a GTX670, if you had read the two articles about it, you'd see that it's now where near the same footprint as the GTX690.

That being said, unless the drivers are holding it back and you case can take a GTX690, there's no reason to buy a Titan if you're just using it for gaming (GPGPU, on the other hand, is a different story).

Status
Not open for further replies.