[SOLVED] a little issue

Dec 11, 2021
Hello everyone! I've been having an issue with my internet for a while. I've actually posted a thread about this, however, it kinda stopped lagging back then. Now, it started all over. A have a screenshot about this: https://prnt.sc/26irck0 I have many packet losses. I was watching a guy from youtube explain about the pl% stuff around the app. He said that if u have pl% from the 4th and up to the 12th. Then the issue is somewhat with the servers. I actually didnt quite get it. If someone could help me out, because this got quite problematic.

Solution
This tends to be complex for people to understand. First the problem is in hop 6. The issue in hop 4 is more likely that the router is programmed to restrict how many ping commands it responds to since it does not affect hop 5 or some other strangeness with the testing.

Lets say each of these hops is a traffic light on your way to work rather than a router. Let say the one at hop 6 has a problem and is delaying everyone 5 minutes.

You have a app on your phone that reports back to your house your estimated time of arrival to work. At hops 1-5 it reports the normal times . At hop 6 it reports the extra 5 minutes. Now you get to hop 7 and beyond and the delays are back to normal but when your phone reports the...
This tends to be complex for people to understand. First the problem is in hop 6. The issue in hop 4 is more likely that the router is programmed to restrict how many ping commands it responds to since it does not affect hop 5 or some other strangeness with the testing.

Lets say each of these hops is a traffic light on your way to work rather than a router. Let say the one at hop 6 has a problem and is delaying everyone 5 minutes.

You have a app on your phone that reports back to your house your estimated time of arrival to work. At hops 1-5 it reports the normal times . At hop 6 it reports the extra 5 minutes. Now you get to hop 7 and beyond and the delays are back to normal but when your phone reports the time at hop 7 it is still has the extra 5 minutes added by hop 6. So every hop past hop 6 has a extra 5 minutes. This is what a real problem looks like not some random loss on random routers in the path.

Packet loss would be similar. If you lose 5% of the packets to hop 6 it would also drop 5% of the packets that make it to hop 7 because it has to pass through hop 6 to get to hop 7.

The problem is you can really only do something about hop 1, your router, and maybe hop 2 the connection to your ISP. When it is far into the network there is some problem with some equipment that you do not own and may not even be in your ISP network.

In this case it is hard to say because hop 6 is using a private IP out of the carrier NAT pool.

What is also strange is hop 2 and hop 7 are using the same subnet. Not sure how they can make that work. This implies though that hops 2-7 are all owned by your ISP. Now you can try to call up the ISP but you are going to barely know more than the first level tech you talk to.
The first level tech guys likely have no training or access to these routers. They mostly deal with equipment in people houses and the equipment that runs the connection going to the house. You would need to somehow talk to a different tech.

When I have tried this before even with all my knowledge I got no where. I ended up calling a friend who I used to work with who now worked at the ISP and he got me a contact and that only worked because they knew I actually worked as a network professional.

Solution