A long and ongoing Asus Anti-Surge issue. Please help me out urgently!!

Jacks 1989

Reputable
Dec 21, 2014
Hi Guys,
I really need some help on what I should do next as I have been have ongoing Anti-Power Surge issues due to unstable power supply error which keeps shutting my computer down when playing games on my recently rebuilt rig.

My current rig specs are:
CPU: i4560K(brand new)
GPU: Sapphire R9 280 (brand new)
Motherboard: Asus Maximus Ranger VII Z97 (brand new)
PSU: Corsair HX850 (given by a friend who used it no more than 12 months)
Ram: x4 2GB Ripjaws DDR 1600 (used from old rig)
Case: Coolermaster HAF932 (used from old rig)

Previously, while using the integrated GPU this does not seem to give me power surges but only happened after I purchased the new GPU R9 280.

With some suggestions, I was advised to turn off the Anti-Surge feature as it can be ‘buggy’ and I did have my power sources hooked up to an APC. This did not help as my monitor started to flicker after a few minutes of gaming and would eventually either freeze into a blank black or blue screen, shut down or reset without warning.

I’ve also attempted to swap around the RAM slots, turn off XMP changed to manual and still no resolution. My bios setting shows my +12v rail is running anywhere between 11.5v – 12v which I am not sure if that is healthy.

I am not sure what to do next as I purchased a brand new Corsair HX750i sitting here unboxed. I don’t really want to open and change it if this is not the issue as my friends HX850 hasn’t been used for more than a year and was advised it’s in great condition. I have a feeling I would need to do one of the 3 options to fix the issue:

1. Use the warranty on the GPU as it may be a defected unit.
2. Buy new sets of RAM as I am still using this from my old rig which the Motherboard & PSU fried.
3. Unbox the PSU and install.

Please if someone can help this would be great as it is an ongoing issue for me for the last 3 months and I don’t want to leave it unfixed for much longer.

Thanks.