A lot of different hardware questions...

demisor

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2012
Hello everyone, I'm planning to buy/make my very first computer and i have a few questions. Before you check the specs i would like to make clear that i might overclock cpu,gpu and ram in the future. This computer is also meant to game.

MOTHERBOARD:
i've been thinking of getting the Asus m5a97 pro (6+2 phase power design) and a Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 (8+2 phase power design). My questions are: Does 6+2 vs 8+2 make any significant difference in overclocking? Is Gigabyte reliable? I've seen so many people having trouble with Gigabyte boards and way less with Asus. Personally i haven't had an Asus nor Gigabyte motherboard myself so i'm neutral about both brands. Both fit my needs otherwise!

CPU:
The cpu i consider buying is the fx 8150 however, it seems to me the fx 8120 is the same, only not as high clocked as the 8150. Do they perform the same? (can both be overclocked to the same frequency, by this i mean 4.3-4.5 ghz (+))? Is the fx 8150 worth the money? (No intel fanboys, im not asking your opinion)

CPU COOLER:
CM Hyper 212 EVO
(is the EVO and PLUS version the same?)

RAM:
Corsair vengeance 2x4GB 1600mhz.
Any cheaper brans available with the same price range? Here these 2 sticks cost 41 euros (europe)

Case:
CM Elite 430

HD:
Western digital WD1002FAEX
To me this seems the best HD for it's price, i'm not considering to buy an SSD since it only increases loading speeds and not actual FPS

GPU:
I also have 2 GPU's i might consider buying but i don't know what one... EVGA GTX 660Ti and XFX HD 7850. The GTX is 60 euros more expensive but has a better stock performance. The XFX has a potential of a 20% stable overclock. So i don't know what one would be the better choise. Also, if i would go with the GTX 660ti, i will wait until it drops in price :D

PSU:
Corsair TX 650M or TX 750M? i think the 650M should be enough but I'm asking anyways :D

DVD:
just a simple DVD/RW drive (Sony AD-7280S-0B)

CASE FANS:
Scythe Slip Stream 120 PWM (5 of these)

FAN CONTROLLER:
Nesteq NFS2108S

You can always suggest other items but i would like them to have the same (or better) performance and also the same price range (preferably lower :D)
I would like FACTS and no fanboy opinions. Thanks in advance!