A lot of problems with Mushkin memory !

french_hr

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2002
Hello, and first of all thank you for the daily exotic news! ;)

I'm french and I speak very bad English, but I have an important news about ram (ram=barette in french).

I am a French overclocker, and I make a point of making you share our experiments... Hugobios, a french forumor, ordered a great quantity of DDR 333 at Mushkin, which does not pass at the frequencies envisaged, depending of the series, which one can see under the radiators. The series C are the old ones, and hold very high, D, are the new Samsung chips, which seems to have problems!

A lot of forumors have certified 183MHz RAM which do not want to exceed 175!! Others are obliged to put 3V to push the RAM with their normal timing...: / Others still manage to make go of the barettes No-name with Mushkin, but not two Mush sets... Random problems of reboots are also felt in the event of master key in CAS 2.5, as certified... Obligatory Clear Cmos!

Moreover, some barettes refuse to cohabit, from where the obligasion to use only one barette! Everyone discusses with Mushkin, but it seems that mushkin played a dirty trick, because their barettes is judicious to be tested before forwarding...

And a forumor explained that the technical support of Mushkin was not powerful when the customer were far... :/

It will be thus wise to start to speak about it in a news (with my nick name lol), which will make react Mush more quickly...

--> After a whole night of tests and information by forumors, it proves that mush oddly withdrew PC3200 (DDR400) of its catalogue, and that the chips Rev C (goods) are not any more in production. Most serious: THE BARETTES OF PC3000 WHICH HAVE ORDERED HAVE SEEN TO BE PC2700, BUT OVERCLOCKED BY MUSHKIN!

Thank you to put a news!

In a friendly way,

Hr (which take again the topic of Hugo because it passes his exams).

(that occurs there: http://forum.hardware.fr/forum2.php3?post=214702&cat=2&page=13&config=&interf ace=0&cache=cache&p=1&sondage=&owntopic=&theme=&trash=&subcat= )

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
Muskin use DDR 333 from samsung and retag it as a Pc 3200 Long live DDR i for my sake burn in hell

cheap, cheap. Think cheap, and you'll always be cheap.AMD version of semi conducteur industrie <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by juin on 06/13/02 11:38 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
Corsair muskin and many others buy DDR333-C from samsung ( they have the best module) and retag it as Pc 3000 or 3200 with lower timing.If you want good DDR buy DDR 2700-C from samsung they keep best module of the stick.

cheap, cheap. Think cheap, and you'll always be cheap.AMD version of semi conducteur industrie <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by juin on 06/22/02 02:30 PM.</EM></FONT></P>