A MMORPG that slipped my radar...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On 15 May 2005 07:49:18 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>Smeghead wrote, snipped muchly:
>> Eve sounds like the same thing. My wife barely tolerates Tribes. I
>> can't imagine what kind of grief I'd get for Eve. [Insert
>> whip-cracking sound here]
>>
>> "Honey, I'm going to spend the evening with Eve tonight."
>

> Man, are you *whipped*. :eek:þ

I prefer the term "Caressed at High Velocity"

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On 15 May 2005 07:57:18 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>Smeghead wrote:
>> Miracle, you and Quix are going to going to wreck my marriage. I would
>> LOVE to have a corporation in the game started with AGST friends. I
>> think it would be awesome. We could pool resources.
>>
>> Imagine having an ore hauler protected by one or two fighting ships.
>> Not having to go it alone against pirates both NPC and PKers.
>>
>> This is something that I could really, really get lost in.
>

> Okay, look- cut a deal with the wife about how many
>evenings a week you can play. Or weekend days, although
>Saturday & Sunday are almost impossible for me.
> On *her* days, you do what ever she wants- go to a movie,
>cuddle and watch TV, play cards with friends, whatever. Hell,
>offer her back rubs and manicures if it gets you a couple of
>nights online.
>
> Propose a monthly "fun" allowance for each of you- no matter
>how small the amount is. Then tell her she can spend her half on
>whatever she wants to, as long as you can do the same.
>
> Need more ideas? I'll think of more- I'll need a teacher for Eve.
> :)

Teacher? I'd be learning right along side everyone. My only advantage
would be any resemblance to Elite.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Sun, 15 May 2005 12:48:50 -0500, ScratchMonkey
<ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote:

>"Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:4285ace2_5
>@galaxy.uncensored-news.com:
>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/86wm4
>>
>> Horry chit.
>> A SPACESHIP!
>
>Wow, that'd make nice wallpaper!

Hey, what do you know? It sure does! :)

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Mon, 16 May 2005 13:41:15 +0000 (UTC), "Adrian Ng"
<spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote:

>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Frank is jaded. :)
>>
>> I've been looking at the in-game videos and it looks as good as the
>> screens.
>>
>> I have a feeling that I would love it.
>>

>Stay away! Stay away!

I hear the dulcet voice of reason, pulling me from the brink.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

spanner

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2004

Blah <noneof@yourbizz.fu> wrote in news:Xns96591F6DAA8Ddamoncookegmailcom@
198.161.157.145:

> So, this isn't where I mention that Terminus is out for free at the
> Underdogs, I take it?
>
> Hello, is this mike on? :D

Oh, that was me, by the way. Found a workaround with Gmail and my local
provider of cable. Well, it's not my provider, it's my sister's, so I use
Gmail for outgoing smtp, thus I can post again without using Google Groups.
Handy that.

Spanner wrote:
> Oh, that was me, by the way. Found a workaround with Gmail and my
> local provider of cable. Well, it's not my provider, it's my
> sister's, so I use Gmail for outgoing smtp, thus I can post again
> without using Google Groups. Handy that.

Hiya dude!!! {{{{{HUGZ}}}}}

Where ya been this time out? You know I just can't get
enough of your travels. I love the seas, the oceans, the beaches,
sand, shells, the smell of fish- *everything* about salt water.
Take any pics? :eek:þ

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle

spanner

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2004

"Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:42899668_1
@galaxy.uncensored-news.com:

> Spanner wrote:
>> Oh, that was me, by the way. Found a workaround with Gmail and my
>> local provider of cable. Well, it's not my provider, it's my
>> sister's, so I use Gmail for outgoing smtp, thus I can post again
>> without using Google Groups. Handy that.
>

> Hiya dude!!! {{{{{HUGZ}}}}}
>
> Where ya been this time out? You know I just can't get
> enough of your travels. I love the seas, the oceans, the beaches,
> sand, shells, the smell of fish- *everything* about salt water.
> Take any pics? :eek:þ

Nah, no pics. I'm going to sable island, which is a local gas project.
It's very borring, and I don't even bother to bring the camera with me
unless I'm going overseas. I guess I'm just jaded.

"Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:42899668_1
@galaxy.uncensored-news.com:

> You know I just can't get
> enough of your travels. I love the seas, the oceans, the beaches,
> sand, shells, the smell of fish- *everything* about salt water.

And you moved to *Yuma*?! So, what's the appeal there? (I admit, though, I
like having no nearby neighbors.)

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Tue, 17 May 2005 12:52:47 -0500, ScratchMonkey
<ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote:

>"Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:42899668_1
>@galaxy.uncensored-news.com:
>
>> You know I just can't get
>> enough of your travels. I love the seas, the oceans, the beaches,
>> sand, shells, the smell of fish- *everything* about salt water.
>
>And you moved to *Yuma*?! So, what's the appeal there? (I admit, though, I
>like having no nearby neighbors.)

A land-locked sea farer

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

Spanner wrote:
> "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote
>> Where ya been this time out? You know I just can't get
>> enough of your travels. I love the seas, the oceans, the beaches,
>> sand, shells, the smell of fish- *everything* about salt water.
>> Take any pics? :eek:þ
>>

> Nah, no pics. I'm going to sable island, which is a local gas
> project. It's very borring, and I don't even bother to bring the
> camera with me unless I'm going overseas. I guess I'm just jaded.

Oh well, maybe in the near future. :) But we'd rather you
keep close to home than to go sailing into troubled waters. Ross
and I sort of travel through you, at our age. Ross is a veteran traveler
of the seas, but I've only been down the western Mexico coast (from
Long Beach & back) and the Gulf of Mexico, out of Florida.

Jeez I need a change of scenery- I can't remember how long it's
been since we were last out of town for a few days. Gah.

--

ScratchMonkey wrote:
> "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:42899668_1
> @galaxy.uncensored-news.com:
>
>> You know I just can't get
>> enough of your travels. I love the seas, the oceans, the beaches,
>> sand, shells, the smell of fish- *everything* about salt water.
>
> And you moved to *Yuma*?! So, what's the appeal there? (I admit,
> though, I like having no nearby neighbors.)

Well, I ended up here because of my ex-husband's work, which
is the main reason I've seen so much of America's vast wasteland-
he's a pharmacist with the U.S. Public Health Service, and we went
where the Native Americans were settled.
I love the desert so much I've just stayed here. Seems to be a good
area to stay out of most weather extremes except for the heat. Been in
too many hurricanes, tornadoes, and earthquakes to suit myself, so I
stay here. :D

--

Smeghead wrote:
> A land-locked sea farer

<big sigh> Yeah. :(

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On 18 May 2005 07:30:05 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>Smeghead wrote:
>> A land-locked sea farer
>

> <big sigh> Yeah. :(

Well, I'm -almost- by the sea, if you count the gulf coast...

I'm still waiting for a hurricane.

Everyone here says I'm insane when I let fly with "Man, I hope we get
hit by a hurricane this year."

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On 18 May 2005 07:29:22 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>ScratchMonkey wrote:
>> "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:42899668_1
>> @galaxy.uncensored-news.com:
>>
>>> You know I just can't get
>>> enough of your travels. I love the seas, the oceans, the beaches,
>>> sand, shells, the smell of fish- *everything* about salt water.
>>
>> And you moved to *Yuma*?! So, what's the appeal there? (I admit,
>> though, I like having no nearby neighbors.)
>
> Well, I ended up here because of my ex-husband's work, which
>is the main reason I've seen so much of America's vast wasteland-
>he's a pharmacist with the U.S. Public Health Service, and we went
>where the Native Americans were settled.
> I love the desert so much I've just stayed here. Seems to be a good
>area to stay out of most weather extremes except for the heat. Been in
>too many hurricanes, tornadoes, and earthquakes to suit myself, so I
>stay here. :D

Wow, and here I am trying to accumulate those experiences for myself.
Still waiting on a good hurricane. Been in, and seen first hand real
tornados. Once we get a good beating from a hurricane (hopefully this
year) I'll be looking for an earthquake.

Then after that, I'll retire to Yuma where I can experience the terror
of Graboids!

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

> On 18 May 2005 07:30:05 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Smeghead wrote:
>>> A land-locked sea farer
>>

>> <big sigh> Yeah. :(
>
> Well, I'm -almost- by the sea, if you count the gulf coast...
>
> I'm still waiting for a hurricane.
>
> Everyone here says I'm insane when I let fly with "Man, I hope we get
> hit by a hurricane this year."

I have been on the Texas south coast for going on 20 years or so. Still
have not seen a big one. We had a smaller one pass within 100 miles. I had
seen worse storms in the Texas panhandle that did not include a tornado, and
more wind in the Texas panhandle on a sunny day without a cloud in the sky.
I remain unimpressed. Now a tornado, that is a storm that gets the
adrenaline pumping.

Quixote

Smeghead wrote:
> On 18 May 2005 07:30:05 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Smeghead wrote:
>>> A land-locked sea farer
>>

>> <big sigh> Yeah. :(
>
> Well, I'm -almost- by the sea, if you count the gulf coast...
>
> I'm still waiting for a hurricane.
>
> Everyone here says I'm insane when I let fly with "Man, I hope we get
> hit by a hurricane this year."

I understand the desire, but you'll have a whole new perspective
if you get a bad one!
When I lived in Tampa, we were hit by hurricane Diane*. This was
somewhere in the 60's- I was in the second grade, I think, so it might
have been '59 or '60.
The whole night we heard the huge tree at the corner of the house
snapping and dropping branches, scared to death it was going to blow
over on the house.
It was just a few *inches* from the house's corner, and the trunk
was at least three feet across.
Sometime in the wee hours we heard it begin to split- the sound was
nothing I could describe. As it began to fall, we all ran frantically in circles,
not sure where a safe spot would be. Sheer terror.

After what seemed an eternity, we heard an enormous *whump!* as
it lay down *right* alongside the back porch, tearing off most of the tin
roof as it went.

The aftermath was horrible- gas and water lines had been ripped out
of the ground so we had no way to cook, and no water. All of the power
lines were down. We "cooked" on a smudge ball my Aunt Ginny stole
from a construction site.

I have pictures of my brother and me standing by the fallen tree somewhere
in the house- if I run across them I'll scan some of them.

*= It might have been hurricane Donna- can't remember exactly.

--

Smeghead wrote:
> Wow, and here I am trying to accumulate those experiences for myself.
> Still waiting on a good hurricane. Been in, and seen first hand real
> tornados. Once we get a good beating from a hurricane (hopefully this
> year) I'll be looking for an earthquake.
>
> Then after that, I'll retire to Yuma where I can experience the terror
> of Graboids!

ROFL

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On 18 May 2005 20:52:08 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>Smeghead wrote:
>> On 18 May 2005 07:30:05 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
>> wrote:

>>> <big sigh> Yeah. :(
>>
>> Well, I'm -almost- by the sea, if you count the gulf coast...
>>
>> I'm still waiting for a hurricane.
>>
>> Everyone here says I'm insane when I let fly with "Man, I hope we get
>> hit by a hurricane this year."
>

> I understand the desire, but you'll have a whole new perspective
>if you get a bad one!
> When I lived in Tampa, we were hit by hurricane Diane*. This was
>somewhere in the 60's- I was in the second grade, I think, so it might
>have been '59 or '60.
> The whole night we heard the huge tree at the corner of the house
>snapping and dropping branches, scared to death it was going to blow
>over on the house.
> It was just a few *inches* from the house's corner, and the trunk
>was at least three feet across.
> Sometime in the wee hours we heard it begin to split- the sound was
>nothing I could describe. As it began to fall, we all ran frantically in circles,
>not sure where a safe spot would be. Sheer terror.
>
> After what seemed an eternity, we heard an enormous *whump!* as
>it lay down *right* alongside the back porch, tearing off most of the tin
>roof as it went.
>
> The aftermath was horrible- gas and water lines had been ripped out
>of the ground so we had no way to cook, and no water. All of the power
>lines were down. We "cooked" on a smudge ball my Aunt Ginny stole
>from a construction site.
>
> I have pictures of my brother and me standing by the fallen tree somewhere
>in the house- if I run across them I'll scan some of them.
>
> *= It might have been hurricane Donna- can't remember exactly.

I'd like to see the pictures of that if you have any!

I love weather. Except the boring stuff. You know, sunshine and light
breeze. :)

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On 18 May 2005 20:53:08 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>Smeghead wrote:
>> Wow, and here I am trying to accumulate those experiences for myself.
>> Still waiting on a good hurricane. Been in, and seen first hand real
>> tornados. Once we get a good beating from a hurricane (hopefully this
>> year) I'll be looking for an earthquake.
>>
>> Then after that, I'll retire to Yuma where I can experience the terror
>> of Graboids!
>
> ROFL

Stop rolling on the floor! They sense the vibrations!

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

Smeghead wrote:
> I'd like to see the pictures of that if you have any!
>
> I love weather. Except the boring stuff. You know, sunshine and light
> breeze. :)

Okay, I'll see if I can hunt them up over the weekend-
I've go *so* many stashes of old pictures........

Smeghead wrote:
> On 18 May 2005 20:53:08 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
> wrote:
>

>>Smeghead wrote:
>>
>>>Wow, and here I am trying to accumulate those experiences for myself.
>>>Still waiting on a good hurricane. Been in, and seen first hand real
>>>tornados. Once we get a good beating from a hurricane (hopefully this
>>>year) I'll be looking for an earthquake.
>>>
>>>Then after that, I'll retire to Yuma where I can experience the terror
>>>of Graboids!
>>
>> ROFL
>
> Stop rolling on the floor! They sense the vibrations!

*Now* I recognize the reference. With that guy from Family Ties, with
the honking bug guns.

Horrible movie, and amazingly great to watch!
--
Frank

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Fri, 20 May 2005 23:49:32 +0200, Frank van Schie
<frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote:

>Smeghead wrote:
>> On 18 May 2005 20:53:08 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
>> wrote:

>>> ROFL
>>
>> Stop rolling on the floor! They sense the vibrations!
>
>*Now* I recognize the reference. With that guy from Family Ties, with
>the honking bug guns.
>
>Horrible movie, and amazingly great to watch!

A cross between Dune and a B-grade monster movie.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

Frank van Schie wrote:
> *Now* I recognize the reference. With that guy from Family Ties, with
> the honking bug guns.

I meant "... big guns", but it seems oddly appropriate.

Smeghead wrote:
> On Fri, 20 May 2005 23:49:32 +0200, Frank van Schie
> <frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote:
>> *Now* I recognize the reference. With that guy from Family Ties, with
>> the honking bug guns.
>>
>> Horrible movie, and amazingly great to watch!
>
> A cross between Dune and a B-grade monster movie.

I dunno, I rate both of them pretty high. I *love* stupid
monster or alien movies. :D

We finally saw Tremors2 just last year, and dug the hell
out of it- liked it better than the first. I will admit to feeling
relieved that this hillside is mostly rock, and not sand.......

Miracle Smith wrote:

Hey Miracle! Check your other e-mail accounts. :D