A monitors importance in outputting great gaming picture?

leog10

Commendable
Apr 21, 2017
I'm having a strange graphical issue with shimmering edges/ poor anti aliasing quality, I was just wondering about the effects that a newer more modern monitor would have on the reduction of these issues.
The current monitor I have is:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009POS0GS/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp_3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2972357942&pd_rd_wg=8WxJ9&pf_rd_r=DA6KCHXH3MM0E61CCDBC&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-bottom-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B009POS0GS&pd_rd_w=cvKmR&pf_rd_i=gaming+monitor&pd_rd_r=SC557NJH85Z70J7ZGDY1&ie=UTF8&qid=1501266454&sr=3

Specs-
Evga Gtx 980- Superclocked 4gb
i7 4770k @3.4 ghz - overclocked to 3.9
16 Gb of Ram.

Solution
Monitors, TV's are nowadays so susceptible to backlight bleeds, clouding, that you just cant tell which will be good and which wont be. Even TV manufacturers recognize this problem but this issues are just there... Out of 10 TV's, minimum 3-5 will have such issues... Like my benq monitor has VA glow and my LG24GM monitor has clouding issues...
Monitors, TV's are nowadays so susceptible to backlight bleeds, clouding, that you just cant tell which will be good and which wont be. Even TV manufacturers recognize this problem but this issues are just there... Out of 10 TV's, minimum 3-5 will have such issues... Like my benq monitor has VA glow and my LG24GM monitor has clouding issues...

Solution
You need to do some troubleshooting to figure out if it is the monitor that is the issue or if it's another piece of hardware.

If there was a 30-50% failure rate on monitors, companies would be losing a lot of money and going out of business. Make sure to buy from reputable retailers so there is a higher chance inventory is stored and handled properly. Reliability reports show <5% field failure rate on tvs with the majority happening within the first year.