A motherboard for windows xp

Ukee

Honorable
Mar 24, 2012
Hello, I am some what new to pc building and I would like some help if I may. I am wanting to make my first pc and I have decided to build a media center style Windows XP pc. I know a lot of people say XP is outdated and should just use 7 but I already have plenty of Windows 7 PCs around the house and don't really need another one. This build is strictly for fun and I don't plan on using is for more then watching DVDs, Blu Ray, net surfing, and maybe some simple game playing.

Now for my question. I am wanting to use Windows XP only and I am looking for a motherboard that will support it out of the box. I have been looking around the forums about using XP on modern motherboards and it sounds like I will need to download the drives after setting up the pc or (and this is where it goes over my head) I will need to change the SATA to ATA. Would I be able to download XP drivers on to a cd or flash card and install them through that? Or is there a motherboard I can get that is some what not so old that will use XP out of the box?

Any help will be welcomed, please let me know if you need me to be more descriptive on anything.