Question A motherboard that have bios flashback

Elie_4

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2016
I want to buy a motherboard for my new build which includes the 13 gen intel CPU, but IDK which motherboard has bios flashback(searched a lot on google but 0 results and no company specifies this feature available) and I badly need this since it will take longer to update the bios since I have to go to a shop and in my country, it will take a week or more, to have my bios update using 12 gen CPU. and I do not think I have the time to wait for new gen motherboard since at the end of the month my country is raising the tax on products and 13 gen intel will arrive before that according to the website and shipping method. So recommend me a good board with a bios flashback that is not too expensive(280$ more or less), the board has to be DDR5 compatible and has room for a hard drive, I have 3 but might buy more later, liquid cooling compatible. any website on part picker will do the job since all ship to the USA, where my relative will receive my order during his short stay but live in Lebanon.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
^ You sure you don't want to deal with warranty of products in your region, locally? I mean you could literally work with a Z690 chipset board if you can't wait for a Z790 chipset board. You can even work with B660 chipset boards...though the idea of BIOS flashback will be in some form on mid-range boards not budget boards under MSI's, Gigabyte's and Asus's portfolio.

Elie_4

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2016
^ You sure you don't want to deal with warranty of products in your region, locally? I mean you could literally work with a Z690 chipset board if you can't wait for a Z790 chipset board. You can even work with B660 chipset boards...though the idea of BIOS flashback will be in some form on mid-range boards not budget boards under MSI's, Gigabyte's and Asus's portfolio.
you mean most z690 and b660 will have bios flashback? in my country there are no MSI or Asus or any providers, so either way I have to ship my product outside my country if I had issues.

Lutfij

Titan
Might just give us a link to the sites you have access to...or the stores that stock motherboards that currently support the 12th Gen intel processor. Each country will have their own representation/regional importers/suppliers/distributors who cater to warranty. I'm sure you're looking at the issue in a complex manner, otherwise how do computer stores in your area operate?

Elie_4

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2016
Might just give us a link to the sites you have access to...or the stores that stock motherboards that currently support the 12th Gen intel processor. Each country will have their own representation/regional importers/suppliers/distributors who cater to warranty. I'm sure you're looking at the issue in a complex manner, otherwise how do computer stores in your area operate?
motherboards in my country are over expensive, same for Ram. amazon, Newegg, best buy, B&H, there are more sites for USA. now I will show you my country sites: Ayoub, mojitech, macrotronics, pcandparts those are sites I bough from them, and trust them IDK if there are more.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Lutfij

Titan
^
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1700/PRIME_Z690-P/E18811_PRIME_Z690-P_UM_PRINT.pdf
read page 3-4,section 3.4; CrashFree BIOS 3 functionality. Like I said, the naming scheme will vary with each brand but the idea is the same. Further reading.