A need to upgrade my graphics card?

indeedgoodguy

Prominent
Sep 8, 2017
Hi everyone! i was looking to buy a graphics card, GTX 1050 Ti probably, since its budget friendly. Question is, will my PSU accomodate the power needed for the card? i have removed the dvd ti utilize more power btw. My specs are:

i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz
Gigabyte-h61m motherboard
Civo 600watts PSU
8gb Team RAM

thanks for any replies! be willing to buy the gtx 1050ti after this thread if my PSU doesnt need an upgrade

Solution

owh ok. bad psu have chance to kill some components if the psu itself got damaged which can affect other components, but the damage cause for components depends on what failure/damage the psu got. my recommendation is to get good brand psu, usually the good one has at least 80+ efficiency, but however because a psu have 80+ rating doesnt mean it is the really good one, but for usually the one with 80+ were not as bad as the one that have such unclear branding(bad psu). probably a 350w-400w at least can...

nvincent_08

Reputable
600w is such a lot of power on your system, especially you only use an i3, plenty of power for future upgrades, gtx 1050 ti should fit nicely with no bottleneck on your system, but some current graphics cards prices were still kinda high, no problem if you want to spend some more money

indeedgoodguy

Prominent
Sep 8, 2017
sorry. the title should be "a need to upgrade my PSU" was clumsy haha.

my major concern would be my PSU killing my GPU tho. im no computer expert. i had a gtx 750ti that lasted 2 years before dying on me btw with same specs.

nvincent_08

Reputable

owh ok. bad psu have chance to kill some components if the psu itself got damaged which can affect other components, but the damage cause for components depends on what failure/damage the psu got. my recommendation is to get good brand psu, usually the good one has at least 80+ efficiency, but however because a psu have 80+ rating doesnt mean it is the really good one, but for usually the one with 80+ were not as bad as the one that have such unclear branding(bad psu). probably a 350w-400w at least can already supply enough power for components you are using

Solution