Question A new build PC worked for a day and stopped

Sep 6, 2019
Hi guys,

I know there are a few similar threads which I have already read. I also found this guide:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

which is very good. However, I still can't figure out why my PC is not working. Please, help!

The problem is that the PC does not boot since yesterday morning. After assembling all parts I turned it on I checked the BIOS options and enabled USB booting to install an OS. I could see the CPU and the RAM showing the correct details in the BIOS. The CPU temperature was 35 degrees Celsius. I managed to install Ubuntu 18.4 the night before and it was working fine for a couple of hours while I attempted to connect it to the internet via cat7 cable. I installed the little MOBO speaker and enabled the boot beep from the BIOS. I turned it OFF/ON a few times and restarted it to test how it works and it worked as expected. I could also hear the beep every time I turn the PC ON. After I turned it OFF I also unplugged the power cord. Unfortunately, when I turned it ON yesterday I did not hear the beep. It also did not show up anything on the screen. In less than a minute it turned OFF and then turned ON again. It keeps doing that ever since and I don't know why would that be. Do you have any idea? I would very much appreciate any help.

I tried many times everything I have found on this forum and in the guide above but still can't figure it out.

Please, find the pictures I have attached to see how the configuration looks like if that helps. Thank you!

Regards,
Dimitar

Sep 6, 2019
Thank you for your quick reply. I am sorry for not posting my entire system components. My configuration is as follows:

ASROCK Z390 PHANTOM GAMING SLI, INTEL Z390, 1151, ATX, DDR4, XFIRE/SLI, DVI, HDMI, 2.5GB LAN, RGB LIGHTING
INTEL CORE I9-9900K PROCESSOR 3.6 GHZ BOX 16 MB SMART CACHE
CORSAIR H115I PRO LIQUID COOLING PROCESSOR
CORSAIR TX850M 850W ATX BLACK POWER SUPPLY UNIT
GAMEMAX VOLCANO GAMING PC CASE RED LED FRONT FANS
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 510 INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE M.2 512 GB PCI EXPRESS 3.0 3D TLC NVME
HYPERX PREDATOR HX430C15PB3K2/16 MEMORY MODULE 16 GB DDR4 3000 MHZ

Thanks again for looking into my issue.

TRENDING THREADS