Question A new RX 590 limits the CPU performance

Dead_Dann

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
A friend bought a new Sapphire RX 590 just a week ago, and since then he been experiencing a poor cpu performance and a high gpu performance, I mean, that cpu was only at 22%-27% and the gpu was at 97%-100%... We thought it was the power supply or even the cpu but we try my own gtx 1060 and everything was running great, then I try his gpu in my rig and got the same performance even when I have a better cpu, ram, power supply and storage, so we don't know what to do now... Any ideas of what it could be?

Jul 28, 2019
A friend bought a new Sapphire RX 590 just a week ago, and since then he been experiencing a poor cpu performance and a high gpu performance, I mean, that cpu was only at 22%-27% and the gpu was at 97%-100%... We thought it was the power supply or even the cpu but we try my own gtx 1060 and everything was running great, then I try his gpu in my rig and got the same performance even when I have a better cpu, ram, power supply and storage, so we don't know what to do now... Any ideas of what it could be?
That's normal.

DSzymborski

Glorious
Here's the issue: we're comparing the performance of one PC to a second mystery PC and not even comparing any actual A/B performance data. Like the FPS on specific games at specific setting-levels. We're mostly working off your subjective opinions.

Dead_Dann

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
Here's the issue: we're comparing the performance of one PC to a second mystery PC and not even comparing any actual A/B performance data. Like the FPS on specific games at specific setting-levels. We're mostly working off your subjective opinions.
Well, I don't have my 1060 right now to do a specific test, but that gpu run cod black ops 4 with my settings at 124fps and more, but the rx 590 only handle 79/95 fps and sometimes reach 112 fps with the same setting, I also put my 1060 in my friend's pc that have aryzen 5 2400g, 2x 8gb ram 2400mhz and a gigabyte a320 and every game in that pc were running a lot better

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS