A New Strategy: 'Civilization VI,' Hands On

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewJacksonZA

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
"You have four Builders per unit, and once all four are used up, you have to build another one."
Please don't do this. Or at least make it optional.

"each leader now has their own personality that reflects their real-world, historical counterparts."
Please keep Gandhi as the ultimate warmonger. No, I'm serious! :)

problematiq

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
Who here remembers Civ 1? I still have the CD with "Mantis experimental fighter" with it :) the combat system was soo broke in that Civ, losing tanks to swordmen. I'm much looking forward to Civ 6, though If it sucks i'll just play Civ 5 :)

Colin_10

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
This is one of those games I have played hundreds of hours on civ 4/5 and makes me wish I was still young enough to have full days to devote to a nice long marathon game with friends.

dudmont

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015
I only ever played Civ1 on other people's systems. Didn't play it enough to get far into it. I still have my Civ2 cds. Played that a ton. It had it's quirks. I liked the scenarios over the generic game(no mismatched eras). Loosing tanks to civil war era rifleman in good terrain was a touch odd.

msh0486

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016
"You have four Builders per unit, and once all four are used up, you have to build another one."
Please don't do this. Or at least make it optional.

I'd have to disagree. I always ended up with way more workers than necessary, and they just cut into my resources and unit count, so I always had to downsize after hitting a certain point in the game. I also hated the automation, I felt they were terrible at resource management and I always had to fix things they did on their own if I did happen to use automation.

plattyaj

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
"In addition to this realistic personality, civilization leaders will also have a second, more secretive personality"

Hopefully randomized for each game. Otherwise the list will be online before the game has hit the shelves!

plattyaj

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
"In addition to this realistic personality, civilization leaders will also have a second, more secretive personality"

Hopefully randomized for each game. Otherwise the list will be online before the game has hit the shelves!

LuxZg

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
Looking forward to it, I've played all Civs up to Beyond Earth... Though I'll probably play Civ VI in 2018, with each iteration I keep having less and less time for huge games like this :( I don't like the graphics though...too... cartoony?

Status
Not open for further replies.