A new Ultima game is coming to PC !!!

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.april (More info?)

Just announced by Lord British that he has bought back the name Ultima
and will design a new Ultima game, based on the classics and without
gameplay-destroying influence from EA.

Stay tuned !

nostromo

Thus spake slimier_trap@hotmail.com (Jasper Tiler), 1 Apr 2005 17:58:10
-0800, Anno Domini:

>Just announced by Lord British that he has bought back the name Ultima
>and will design a new Ultima game, based on the classics and without
>gameplay-destroying influence from EA.
>
>Stay tuned !

Didn't know difool had a twin brother...hmmm...

Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote in

> Thus spake slimier_trap@hotmail.com (Jasper Tiler), 1 Apr 2005 17:58:10
> -0800, Anno Domini:
>
>>Just announced by Lord British that he has bought back the name Ultima
>>and will design a new Ultima game, based on the classics and without
>>gameplay-destroying influence from EA.
>>
>>Stay tuned !
>
> Didn't know difool had a twin brother...hmmm...

Actually in this case Im hoping its not an April Fools joke. It started
out with LB's obvious MUD background influencing everything. EA did make
some very damaging decisions there. Not the purchase/delivery side, but
the "Monty Haul" giving the players what they want even if it ruins the
game side of it. Even worse after British left
IMHO of course...

Gandalf Parker
-- Hey my wife loves me playing Ultima Online!
I get to pack-rat, try my hand at making things, visit other peoples
junk sales, kill & skin animals...
all the things she hates me doing in our garage.

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 03:01:42 GMT, Gandalf Parker
<gandalf@most.of.my.favorite.sites> wrote:

>Actually in this case Im hoping its not an April Fools joke. It started
>out with LB's obvious MUD background influencing everything. EA did make
>some very damaging decisions there. Not the purchase/delivery side, but
>the "Monty Haul" giving the players what they want even if it ruins the
>game side of it. Even worse after British left
>IMHO of course...

If you're talking about Ultima Online, very little credit/blame for
that game should go to LB. He had very little to do with the game
(and as far as I know, doesn't have any sort of MUD background.) The
vast majority of design decisions in UO were made by Raph Koster
(currently of Star Wars: Galaxies.) Actually, LB hasn't had much
input into the gaming aspects of his games since about Ultima 5.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.april (More info?)

On 1 Apr 2005 17:58:10 -0800, slimier_trap@hotmail.com (Jasper Tiler)
wrote:

>Just announced by Lord British that he has bought back the name Ultima
>and will design a new Ultima game, based on the classics and without
>gameplay-destroying influence from EA.
>
>Stay tuned !

After Ultima 8 and 9, I'm not holding my breath.

And what's with all the carrots ?

slimier_trap@hotmail.com (Jasper Tiler) skrev i meddelelsen

> Just announced by Lord British that he has bought back the name Ultima
> and will design a new Ultima game, based on the classics and without
> gameplay-destroying influence from EA.
> Stay tuned !

Oh yes - the info comes from his co-worker Loof Slirpa, right?

--
Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u

Rob

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.april (More info?)

Who cares, Richard Garriott ruined the whole series with U8 and 9. It would
take
a lot to get me to trust anything he put out again.

Arcana Dragon <this@ress.is.invalid> wrote in news:424ead01$0$256
$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk:

> slimier_trap@hotmail.com (Jasper Tiler) skrev i meddelelsen
>
>> Just announced by Lord British that he has bought back the name Ultima
>> and will design a new Ultima game, based on the classics and without
>> gameplay-destroying influence from EA.
>> Stay tuned !
>
> Oh yes - the info comes from his co-worker Loof Slirpa, right?

Yes, and crossposted to alt.april (removed).

Garriot didn't have a whole lot to do with either 8 or 9. Less so in U9. By
that time EA was in charge.

"Rob" <rob@nospam.com> wrote in message news:CJJ3e.9523$db.3192@trndny07...
> Who cares, Richard Garriott ruined the whole series with U8 and 9. It
would
> take
> a lot to get me to trust anything he put out again.
>
> Jasper Tiler wrote:
> > Just announced by Lord British that he has bought back the name Ultima
> > and will design a new Ultima game, based on the classics and without
> > gameplay-destroying influence from EA.
> >
> > Stay tuned !

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.april (More info?)

slimier_trap@hotmail.com (Jasper Tiler) wrote:
>Just announced by Lord British that he has bought back the name Ultima
>and will design a new Ultima game, based on the classics and without
>gameplay-destroying influence from EA.
>
>Stay tuned !

All those lame jokes only alert people to the fact that it's April 1st
and sabotage the good pranks. dearest comrade.

bc4

"Bateau" <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in message
> slimier_trap@hotmail.com (Jasper Tiler) wrote:
>>Just announced by Lord British that he has bought back the name Ultima
>>and will design a new Ultima game, based on the classics and without
>>gameplay-destroying influence from EA.
>>
>>Stay tuned !
>
> All those lame jokes only alert people to the fact that it's April 1st
> and sabotage the good pranks. dearest comrade.

Bl**dy hell, thought this was real for a minute there...

<=[BC]=>