I think it's a great advance and could make a lot of difference to aviation.
I've seen it in FS9 so it must be right - right? What am I talking about?
Vertical landings, that's what. I pushed back from the gate at La Guardia
and down from the sky dropped another airliner to take my parking space! Now
think of the advantages - all that runway and taxi time saved and pax
delivered straight to the gate. A little shaken maybe but not stirred! All
we need now is vertical take off. A great development. Strange that I've not
seen anything about this on TV but I must have missed it. :0))

Iain

william

"IAIN SMITH" <iainsmith.rugby@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>I think it's a great advance and could make a lot of difference to
>aviation. I've seen it in FS9 so it must be right - right? What am I
>talking about? Vertical landings, that's what. I pushed back from the gate
>at La Guardia and down from the sky dropped another airliner to take my
>parking space! Now think of the advantages - all that runway and taxi time
>saved and pax delivered straight to the gate. A little shaken maybe but not
>stirred! All we need now is vertical take off. A great development. Strange
>that I've not seen anything about this on TV but I must have missed it.
>:0))
>
> Iain

Ha thats a good one. I did a flight this week and selected a gate for
departure which I was placed at. After clearance etc I started my push back
and to my amazement I was "birthing" from the belly of a 747. I was sitting
in an AI 747 and had no idea until the pushback. I would have at least
thought FS would not put an AI at a gate after I select it...

Amazing stuff everyday...So from now on I will do a virtual walk around and
make sure its me and me only :)

Bill

"IAIN SMITH" <iainsmith.rugby@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>I think it's a great advance and could make a lot of difference to
>aviation. I've seen it in FS9 so it must be right - right? What am I
>talking about? Vertical landings, that's what. I pushed back from the gate
>at La Guardia and down from the sky dropped another airliner to take my
>parking space! Now think of the advantages - all that runway and taxi time
>saved and pax delivered straight to the gate. A little shaken maybe but not
>stirred! All we need now is vertical take off. A great development. Strange
>that I've not seen anything about this on TV but I must have missed it.
>:0))
>
> Iain

Haven't you heard. That is the new British Airways Harrier airliner. They
got one of the fighter models from the RAF, then stretched it. Only carries
two pax and pilot, but gives a heck of a ride. :))

Cheers,
Paul

"IAIN SMITH" <iainsmith.rugby@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>I think it's a great advance and could make a lot of difference to
>aviation. I've seen it in FS9 so it must be right - right? What am I
>talking about? Vertical landings, that's what. I pushed back from the gate
>at La Guardia and down from the sky dropped another airliner to take my
>parking space! Now think of the advantages - all that runway and taxi time
>saved and pax delivered straight to the gate. A little shaken maybe but not
>stirred! All we need now is vertical take off. A great development. Strange
>that I've not seen anything about this on TV but I must have missed it.
>:0))
>
> Iain

Put180kts of wind right down the active runway, then you can make vertical
takeoffs and landings in heavy iron too! Try it. Hovering a 747 only 10'
off the deck is kind of a hoot!

"William" <alone@home.com> schreef in bericht

> "IAIN SMITH" <iainsmith.rugby@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>>I think it's a great advance and could make a lot of difference to
>>aviation. I've seen it in FS9 so it must be right - right? What am I
>>talking about? Vertical landings, that's what. I pushed back from the gate
>>at La Guardia and down from the sky dropped another airliner to take my
>>parking space! Now think of the advantages - all that runway and taxi time
>>saved and pax delivered straight to the gate. A little shaken maybe but
>>not stirred! All we need now is vertical take off. A great development.
>>Strange that I've not seen anything about this on TV but I must have
>>missed it. :0))
>>
>> Iain
>

> Ha thats a good one. I did a flight this week and selected a gate for
> departure which I was placed at. After clearance etc I started my push
> back and to my amazement I was "birthing" from the belly of a 747. I was
> sitting in an AI 747 and had no idea until the pushback. I would have at
> least thought FS would not put an AI at a gate after I select it...
>
> Amazing stuff everyday...So from now on I will do a virtual walk around
> and make sure its me and me only :)
>
> Bill

Hi Bill,

I've seen that before as well. Go ahead and check the AFCAD file for that
airport. Most probably you will find two parking places at the same spot.
That will allow two airplanes sitting at the same spot. Normally you would
have "crashed", because of the collision with that other plane.

Loek

william

"L. Mulder" <lbn.mulder@t-online.de> wrote in message
> "William" <alone@home.com> schreef in bericht
>>
>> "IAIN SMITH" <iainsmith.rugby@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>>>I think it's a great advance and could make a lot of difference to
>>>aviation. I've seen it in FS9 so it must be right - right? What am I
>>>talking about? Vertical landings, that's what. I pushed back from the
>>>gate at La Guardia and down from the sky dropped another airliner to take
>>>my parking space! Now think of the advantages - all that runway and taxi
>>>time saved and pax delivered straight to the gate. A little shaken maybe
>>>but not stirred! All we need now is vertical take off. A great
>>>development. Strange that I've not seen anything about this on TV but I
>>>must have missed it. :0))
>>>
>>> Iain
>>

>> Ha thats a good one. I did a flight this week and selected a gate for
>> departure which I was placed at. After clearance etc I started my push
>> back and to my amazement I was "birthing" from the belly of a 747. I was
>> sitting in an AI 747 and had no idea until the pushback. I would have at
>> least thought FS would not put an AI at a gate after I select it...
>>
>> Amazing stuff everyday...So from now on I will do a virtual walk around
>> and make sure its me and me only :)
>>
>> Bill
>>>
> Hi Bill,
>
> I've seen that before as well. Go ahead and check the AFCAD file for that
> airport. Most probably you will find two parking places at the same spot.
> That will allow two airplanes sitting at the same spot. Normally you would
> have "crashed", because of the collision with that other plane.
>
> Loek

Good idea I will check the afcad file.
I turned off crash detection as I was getting hit by AI while on final and
that wasnt pleasant either :)

Thanks
Bill

> I've seen that before as well. Go ahead and check the AFCAD file for that
> airport. Most probably you will find two parking places at the same spot.
> That will allow two airplanes sitting at the same spot. Normally you would
> have "crashed", because of the collision with that other plane.
>
> Loek

Well I always have crash detection on and I didn't crash, the a/craft simply
replaced mine at the gate. I think this may actually be a problem with
Project AI flight plans. Soon after installing Project AI aircraft I went to
St Martins in the Antilles where I knew that an Air France A340 arrives
every afternoon about 3-30 (yes I had installed the Air France package from
PAI). So I got there in plenty of time and sat in a helicopter near the
active end of the runway to watch it approach and land. Except that it
didn't! After about a 20 min wait it suddenly just materialised at the ramp.
I tried it twice and the same thing happened each time. Then later came it's
departure time. It pushed back, taxiied towards the runway and disappeared!
:0))

Iain

crash

IAIN SMITH wrote:
> Well I always have crash detection on

Whew! Thank you........... d:->))

Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
CRaSH

Hi,

The FS2004 AI traffic system tries it's best to get a flight out the
door, no matter what. If there are no open parking spots for the plane,
as soon as one opens up (i.e. you leave the gate) it plops the AI plane
down to begin it's flight (due to there being no open gates when it
landed, it disappeared on the runway).

And, if it cannot find a legal route to the runway for a plane, or there
is no room at the destination airport, a plane will disappear after it
starts taxiing to the runway.

Hope this helps,
Tom Gibson

"CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
> IAIN SMITH wrote:
>> Well I always have crash detection on
>
> Whew! Thank you........... d:->))
>
> Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
> CRaSH

But when I detect you I don't quite know what to do about you! ;0))

Iain

I've only seen this during online flying when other players join, they descend from above. Scared the hell out of me when one was
flying an aircraft carrier (yes they apparently taxi quite well on land in FS9?). I couldn't see what it was from underneith and
assumed I was being abducted by aliens.

"Tom Gibson" <noway@nohow.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> The FS2004 AI traffic system tries it's best to get a flight out the door,
> no matter what. If there are no open parking spots for the plane, as soon
> as one opens up (i.e. you leave the gate) it plops the AI plane down to
> begin it's flight (due to there being no open gates when it landed, it
> disappeared on the runway).
>
> And, if it cannot find a legal route to the runway for a plane, or there
> is no room at the destination airport, a plane will disappear after it
> starts taxiing to the runway.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Tom Gibson

Thank you Tom - that explains it! :0))

Iain

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:46:13 -0500, "William" <alone@home.com> wrote:

>"IAIN SMITH" <iainsmith.rugby@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>>I think it's a great advance and could make a lot of difference to
>>aviation. I've seen it in FS9 so it must be right - right? What am I
>>talking about?

[SNIP]

>Ha thats a good one. I did a flight this week and selected a gate for
>departure which I was placed at. After clearance etc I started my push back
>and to my amazement I was "birthing" from the belly of a 747.

Hi William

Far less frightening but equally confusing, I was sitting in my Cessna
172 (N-700MS) at Shoreham (EGKA) and having a mug of coffee. Looking
out of my port window I noticed another Cessna 172 pull up along side
me. Its number? N-700MS.

Thanks goodness it's not always "as real as it gets".

James

william

"James Hodson" <jUNDERSCOREhodson@ntlworld.com.invalid> wrote in message
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:46:13 -0500, "William" <alone@home.com> wrote:
>
>>"IAIN SMITH" <iainsmith.rugby@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>>>I think it's a great advance and could make a lot of difference to
>>>aviation. I've seen it in FS9 so it must be right - right? What am I
>>>talking about?
>
> [SNIP]
>
>>Ha thats a good one. I did a flight this week and selected a gate for
>>departure which I was placed at. After clearance etc I started my push
>>back
>>and to my amazement I was "birthing" from the belly of a 747.
>>

> Hi William
>
> Far less frightening but equally confusing, I was sitting in my Cessna
> 172 (N-700MS) at Shoreham (EGKA) and having a mug of coffee. Looking
> out of my port window I noticed another Cessna 172 pull up along side
> me. Its number? N-700MS.
>
> Thanks goodness it's not always "as real as it gets".
>
> James

Heck of a long flight huh :)
Bill

On 2005-03-25, IAIN SMITH <iainsmith.rugby@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Well I always have crash detection on and I didn't crash, the a/craft simply
> replaced mine at the gate. I think this may actually be a problem with
> Project AI flight plans. Soon after installing Project AI aircraft I went to
> St Martins in the Antilles where I knew that an Air France A340 arrives
> every afternoon about 3-30 (yes I had installed the Air France package from
> PAI). So I got there in plenty of time and sat in a helicopter near the
> active end of the runway to watch it approach and land. Except that it
> didn't! After about a 20 min wait it suddenly just materialised at the ramp.
> I tried it twice and the same thing happened each time. Then later came it's
> departure time. It pushed back, taxiied towards the runway and disappeared!

That'll be the stealth technology. They turn the cloaking off after
landing and turn it on again just before take off. Has to be, no other
explanation is there?

Justin.

--
Justin C by the sea.