A New Way To Play With Razer's Tartarus Chroma Gamepad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started with the Belkin N52, way before Razer got the licence to build them and I haven't gone back to the keyboard ever since.

Friend could not get used to it, but I found it perfect. I have now retired the n52, but because the D pad to the side wasn't responsive anymore; the joints dissolved from all the usage. It still "works", but you have to almost hit the Dpad buttons for them to react.

All in all, getting a Tartarus or an Orbweaver (which is the one I have now) is a great experience changer. If you haven't tried one out, I really really tell everyone to at least give it a shot. You might just never go back to a keyboard (to play games, that is) anymore.

Cheers!

biggestinsect

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
I have the Logitech game controller which is similar. Use the thumbpad to control character movement in most games with a WASD also set in the keys. Use mouse to aim & fire as normal. Works quite well for me. Will try a Orbweaver when/if the Logitech craps out.

codo

Honorable
May 5, 2012
Used the G13 for a bit but for the first time in my life I'm using WASD now, mainly as its more convenient for when I want to type in game. Also the joystick on these things aren't nearly as compatible as you would hope, nothing is as universally compatible as WASD

larsoncc

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013
I wish they would make a wireless version. Keeping a wireless version of this on one armrest, and a trackball on the other (or wireless mouse) would be a killer couch setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.