A New Wolfenstein Game is Coming This Holiday Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Return" was my first and only experience with the franchise back in late 2001. I enjoyed it immensely but never got any of the other variants. Just too much competition out there and not enough money to get them all (and time to play them). I'd like to revisit the franchise in an updated version with modern graphics though...if it can be up there in quality with the likes of Far Cry 3 and Crysis 3 (along with the gameplay).

"Return" was my first and only experience with the franchise back in late 2001. I enjoyed it immensely but never got any of the other variants. Just too much competition out there and not enough money to get them all (and time to play them). I'd like to revisit the franchise in an updated version with modern graphics though...if it can be up there in quality with the likes of Far Cry 3 and Crysis 3 (along with the gameplay).

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Except for the 2009 version (which basically flopped and Raven staff were cut) there were cross-platform versions that supported OS X and Linux. The source code was released for the pre-2009 games. One co-op version based on RtCW: http://www.rtcwcoop.com

Lets see if we get a decent game or another turd that aint worth the time from free-to-play systems.
Just a short reminder to everyone: Make sure you get some notion about the game before you buy it. If you buy it first, dont complain after that its not good.

wysir

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
I love RTCW and W:ET, but I'm not holding my breath. Tired of being disappointed game after game. I wouldn't mind being suprised though.. Already this is looking grim to me as consoles suggest that there will be iron sites in-game.

Timmy225

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
And from Bethesda, thank goodness not EA or Activision. I will probably get it but it will be hard pressed to live up the the last one just like Fallout 4 will struggle but they did great with Skyrim so....

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
I hope this doesn't go down along the "businessman drink my wine" line.
And what the heck is with recent fascination with All Allong the Watch Tower? This is like 4th trailer for game/movie in past 2 months featuring this song.

Status
Not open for further replies.