Question A Nice Graphics Card for Video Editing

rcampbell578

Reputable
Mar 14, 2018
Hey guys,
I'm currently doing some research in hopes of building a new system by the end of the year. I've built systems in the past, and always tried to build them on a budget. Anyway, this time I'm not so much worried about budget, but more concerned with performance. I do multimedia work, and want to build something that will be adequate. I use mostly Photoshop and Vegas Pro for video editing. I've never really put too much thought into a graphics card in the past, but I want to make sure I get one that's ok for this build. I don't want anything super high-end, just something that's good enough to let me do video editing and rendering smoothly.

I looked up the recommended specs for Vegas Pro and they are:

Graphics card: Supported NVIDIA®: For hardware rendering (NVEnc), GeForce 9XX series or higher with 4 GB; AMD/ATI®: Radeon with 4 GB and VCE 3.0 or higher (Radeon Pro series with 8 GB for HDR and 32 bit projects) or Intel®: GPU HD Graphics 530 series or higher.

With these specs in mind, could anyone recommend a good card that would do the job? Maybe something that's not budget, but more mid-range?

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS