A Nintendo 64 Modded Inteo An HTPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

skine

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
There are a lot of interesting mini-itx projects.

For example, someone crammed a computer into a Windows XP box.

There are more links on the right, including a Sega Genesis console for those who liked to do what Nintendidn't.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]K3vBot6000[/nom]But can you play Mario Kart on it?[/citation]
N64 emulator :)

if only he could get an N64 USB controller..it would literally be a PC and a true N64

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]N64 emulator if only he could get an N64 USB controller..it would literally be a PC and a true N64[/citation]

There are N64 controller to USB adapters available.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
1 thing to make it a bit cooler wuld be to use the game port ass a removeble hard drive that inserts ass a normal game wuld hah awuld look so epic

dupaman

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
Thanks for posting this story! I've had a pet project on hold for a little while that involves stuffing a similar Ion board into a 2nd rev. Sega Genesis (the sleek one with the oval trim on top) and was hoping it might run passive with just convection airflow, so I appreciate the reality check as my Genesis is nowhere near as tall as the N64 and barely fits the heatsink without the fan. Oh well, hopefully the Zacate (or similar) CPUs make their way to mITX as the TDP is a lot lower than atom+9400.

dupaman

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]I have 1 question: The power supply is where?[/citation]
If you look at the pic that shows the board from above, you'll notice it doesn't have the 20+4 ATX plug, so it's the Zotec variant that has the DC-DC on the board and you use an external (included) power brick. I agree with you on the build comments- this is definitely one of the best console conversions I've seen so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.