A nostalgic upgrade

ramen_king

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017
Hi everyone. I'm new to your forums, but I've been reading it for a little while.

So a while back, I was fortunate enough to receive an HP dv6000 Special Edition, the Thrive edition from Best Buy. Heartbreakingly, it was stolen a few years back and I never got to find out who did it. I absolutely loved that little laptop, and I haven't been content with any laptop since. It was absolutely perfect for me.

Now, I'm looking for an excuse to get a new laptop and I've found one of these at a price I like. one problem is, I want to do light music/video editing with it while I save up for a new desktop. I want to upgrade the processor to something a bit better. Will this support a Core 2 Quad? It DOES come with a Core 2 Duo, but I don't know too much about bus speeds/wattage. If not, that's cool; I just want an excuse to get as much power out of the thing while I can.

Thanks for reading

ramen_king

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017

I'm so sorry, I didn't even realize lol. The laptop is an HP Pavilion dv6780se. It comes with a Core 2 Duo T5450.

Edit: I see what you mean now. I have a chance to get that exact same laptop that was stolen. I am going to get it, the HP dv6780se and I am wanting to get a better CPU for it.

You can't really upgrade laptop CPUs.