Question A part of my motherboard is crooked?

Snappyyyy

Reputable
Dec 8, 2019
Part of my motherboard is crooked and after building my PC got no signal after plugging it into my monitor could this be the cause of my problem? PS. can provide pictures.

Snappyyyy

Reputable
Dec 8, 2019
We'd need a whole lot more info on this.
Especially your pics.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aYdMtH2FUNfy0hGTpuCzamJ_JrzLZAdI

The first picture is the picture of the motherboard online. The second picture is what my motherboard looks like right now. The third picture is all the parts that I have and I also have a Sceptre E25 165hz monitor. Also just built my monitor earlier today and ordered the parts a week or 2 ago.

Last edited:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aYdMtH2FUNfy0hGTpuCzamJ_JrzLZAdI

The first picture is the picture of the motherboard online. The second picture is what my motherboard looks like right now. The third picture is all the parts that I have and I also have a Sceptre E25 165hz monitor. Also just built my monitor earlier today and ordered the parts a week or 2 ago.

I think you're referring to the coils being a bit crooked. They certainly look strange compared to the perfectly straight and parallel fins of the heatsink, but their crookedness won't matter at all for performance. They have big, fat, heavy gauge leads that go through holes in the board, so they have to align with just how the leads come out the bottom after being wound in the core.

Snappyyyy

Reputable
Dec 8, 2019
I think you're referring to the coils being a bit crooked. They certainly look strange compared to the perfectly straight and parallel fins of the heatsink, but their crookedness won't matter at all for performance. They have big, fat, heavy gauge leads that go through holes in the board, so they have to align with just how the leads come out the bottom after being wound in the core.
Oh okay, but then how come I still am not able to get a display onto my monitor? Could it be I put it together incorrectly?

Oh okay, but then how come I still am not able to get a display onto my monitor? Could it be I put it together incorrectly?

Are you getting any response at all? lights, fans?

You might try connecting the monitor to both the GPU and the video output on the motherboard to try both ways. Since you have an APU (2400g) it might want to use that until you set up BIOS to use GPU only. I'm not really sure of that, just a guess for now.

Snappyyyy

Reputable
Dec 8, 2019
Are you getting any response at all? lights, fans?

You might try connecting the monitor to both the GPU and the video output on the motherboard to try both ways. Since you have an APU (2400g) it might want to use that until you set up BIOS to use GPU only. I'm not really sure of that, just a guess for now.
Yeah all my fans are spinning, but I did try doing both the GPU and video output on the motherboard and I still get the same issue.

It will boot first time with a very slow default RAM speed...like 2133 or 2400...so that shouldn't matter. What's more important is that the DIMM's are installed in correct sockets...the second and fourth going away from CPU...and fully seated.

Does your motherboard have boot diagnostic LED's? it will stop at the point boot is failing with a lit LED. If you don't have them, you'll need a speaker to attach to the diagnostic speaker terminals (find where in the manual) and it will sound out beep codes.

Things to check: double check all connections are correct and not loose. Unseat and reseat just to be positive.

Did you make sure to install all the needed standoffs in case bottom...and only the needed standoffs.

Did you take off plastic protectors (if there) on bottom of heatsink and put TIM on (if none there) before installing it.

Last edited:

Snappyyyy

Reputable
Dec 8, 2019
It will boot first time with a very slow default RAM speed...like 2133 or 2400...so that shouldn't matter. What's more important is that the DIMM's are installed in correct sockets...the second and fourth going away from CPU...and fully seated.

Does your motherboard have boot diagnostic LED's? it will stop at the point boot is failing with a lit LED. If you don't have them, you'll need a speaker to attach to the diagnostic speaker terminals (find where in the manual) and it will sound out beep codes.

Things to check: double check all connections are correct and not loose. Unseat and reseat just to be positive.

Did you make sure to install all the needed standoffs in case bottom...and only the needed standoffs.

Did you take off plastic protectors (if there) on bottom of heatsink and put TIM on (if none there) before installing it.
I just took out my motherboard and i looks like I forgot to install one stand-off will that have any negative effects ?