Question A PC I'm fixing fries any USB devices I plug in

Zdos123

Reputable
Oct 26, 2016
Hello,
I'm was fixing my friends computer which wouldn't load phasmophobia, i was working on it when the windows install became corrupted so i decided to reinstall windows, used one usb it started loading then cut out, left it and went to bed as i had been working on it for a while. Came back made a new installer plugged it in, different usb and i installed windows 10, wasn't getting any wifi signal so went to get drivers for dongle. Put drivers on usb and then put usb in computer, didn't detect it plugged it back into the laptop i was working from, screen went black for 1/2 a second and then it was fine usb still worked but the usb wasn't detected, took it out to suck out any dirt that was in it and inhaled the taste of burnt electronics, went to grab the usb i used the other day burnt, unplugged the wifi adaptor burnt and stupidly plugged it into laptop to test it, didn't even detect or effect laptop but it got fairly hot and wasn't detected do you have any idea what the issue is.
System Specs:
CPU = Core 2 Quad q6600
GPU = Nvidia Geforce GTX 580
Ram = 4gb ddr2
Mobo = Asus p5ql
PSU = Cheap 600watt 80 plus bronze.
Anyone have any idea what the issue is.
Cheers.
Zdos123

p.s. it does not affect mouse and keyboard only seems to affect the data pins and the phasmophobia issue was unrelated

ASK THE COMMUNITY