A piece of software that I installed with DAEMON Tools Lite replaced my actual CD/DVD disk drive with a virtual one

BEJR2000

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014
A piece of software that I installed (well I ran but didn't really install/proceed with) with DAEMON Tools Lite replaced my actual CD/DVD disk drive with a virtual one. Uninstalling the virtual CD/DVD disk drive's driver on device manager just temporary disables the CD/DVD disk drive until I reboot or scan for hardware changes on device manager. So I unistalled the virtual CD/DVD disk drive with DAEMON Tools Lite. Now how the hell do i get my actual DVD/CD drive back?

**PC SPECS**
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500
Graphics: Radeon R9 290X MSI Gaming Edition
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3
Ram: 8GB DDR3
Power supply: AX860 860 watt 80 plus platinum Certified Fully Modular PSU
Software: Windows 10

George Phillips

Reputable
Jun 17, 2015
Try to find the additional piece of software installed in the system and uninstall it. Shut down the PC, unplug the optical drive. Start the PC and shut it down again. Installed the actual optical drive again and restart the PC to see if it can be found.

BEJR2000

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014

As said above I did not install the software I just opened the installer with DAEMON Tools Lite but I didn't install/proceed with the installation processes. I accidental opened the installer with DAEMON Tools Lite because it was set to it as the default program instead of windows explorer which added a permanent virtual CD/DVD disk drive. I had to remove the virtual CD/DVD disk drive with DAEMON Tools Lite but I Haven't got my actual CD/DVD drive back. It's like as if my PC is no longer detecting it

akseli

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
I think you mean you clicked an .ISO file, which was assigned to Daemon tools, which mounted the image as virtual drive.

I think Daemon tool should not use the drive letter already assigned to your real drive, in fact it should be impossible, but anyway, go to disk managment. From there you should see, in the bottom with different devices, the real drive, and then just right click it, and assign a the original drive letter to it. You should use the original one as some programs and games specially, may have a hardcoded drive letter for the drive to the letter they were installed from.

If you still have deamon tools, change from it's options the drive letter for virtual drive to something way above real drives, to avoid further conflicts.