A plan to RGB fan - With NZXT Aer RGB 140x2(Top) and Corsair ML120x3(Front).

Nov 4, 2018
Is it okay to use both brands? Even with both their respective RGB controllers (Node Pro/Hue+) I want the "RingRGB" at top, and full in front. I have already the Corsair w/Node Pro and plan to get NZXT w/Hue+. So, go for both?

Solution
Some have done that and it's worked (someone just posted on the Corsair forum that this was working well for them) while some have had nothing but issues.

I don't know quite all of the details but there have been several folks on the Corsair forum that have had issues running both at the same time. I cannot tell you the reason or cause ... just that it happens. You may have better luck. You may not.
Nov 4, 2018
Conflict how?
I'm not trying to sync them or dance them in flashy light, objective is to have them in same static color.
I have enough Internal USB 2.0/SATA Power ports to connect both individually, so is it wrong to assume I couldn't just download their respective software and run them as two separate components?

devbiker

Commendable
Dec 9, 2017
Some have done that and it's worked (someone just posted on the Corsair forum that this was working well for them) while some have had nothing but issues.

I don't know quite all of the details but there have been several folks on the Corsair forum that have had issues running both at the same time. I cannot tell you the reason or cause ... just that it happens. You may have better luck. You may not.

Solution

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
What devbiker states is hearsay, without solid evidence. I, on the other hand, have 1st hand, personal experience with two of my own PCs (Skylake and Haswell, full specs with pics in my sig) where i have NZXT AER140 RGB fans in use with HUE+, LED strips and NZXT CAM. I also have Corsair ML140 Pro LED fans in both PCs. While ML140 Pro LED doesn't require Corsair iCUE, my Corsair STRAFE RGB, Corsair Sabre RGB, Corsair Void Pro USB, Corsair MM800 RGB Polaris and Corsair ST100 RGB do.

While i have had issues with my NZXT CAM and Corsair iCUE, those aren't because i have both programs running in same PC. Those are because the programs itself, at times, can be buggy. Latest bug was when NZXT servers dropped down and i wasn't able to log-in to my NZXT CAM. <- that has nothing to do with i having and using Corsair iCUE. And only issue i've had using Corsair iCUE is with Corsair CEE since latter is 3rd party made and not compatible with iCUE. After some trial and error, i've managed to get CEE running alongside iCUE without issues.

So, saying that NZXT CAM doesn't work with Corsair iCUE is like saying Asus MoBo doesn't work with MSI GPU or Logitech Gaming Software doesn't work with Razer Synapse 3 (when you have Logitech KB and Razer mouse in use).

devbiker

Commendable
Dec 9, 2017

Perhaps ... but hearsay based on being extremely active on the Corsair forum and seeing these issues pop up. If you ask Corsair, I'm fairly certain that they'll tell you the same. It may work ... there may be conflicts. Hearsay? Sure. But hearsay based on seeing these come up over a long period of time. I think I was pretty clear about that.

And strange conflicts have happened. I'm guessing that you don't recall when EVGA Precision X would cause conflicts with Link? I mean, why would that happen? Kinda crazy huh? But it did ... it was an ongoing issue for some time until EVGA fixed the issue.

You haven't had issues. Awesome. Some haven't. Others have - and uninstalling one or the other resolved everything. I suspect that it has more to do with their usage of CPUIDSDK ... but I don't know for sure.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador

With software, there are always issues. Most of the times, it's very hard to find the root cause and sometimes, what went wrong or why it doesn't work remains mystery. But discouraging people not to get one or another piece of software/hardware based on hearsay is bad practice. Personal experience, in the other hand, has far more weight than hearsay.

For example, it's well known that Win 10 alone has tons of issues and one might well suggest going with GNU/Linux instead. While running GNU/Linux instead of Win 10 isn't a bad idea, people still buy Win 10 despite the issues it has.

Btw, i don't use EVGA products and i have nothing to say in that matter.

devbiker

Commendable
Dec 9, 2017

So ... I warned him of potential issues that I've personally interacted with quite a few folks over the past couple of years on the Corsair forum. Because there are. I also said that some folks haven't had any issues ... and that some recently post saying exactly that.

Is that discouraging him? Or warning him that it may not all be roses and butterflies?

And this isn't based on the experience of one single user ... but in monitoring and responding - actively and on a daily basis - on the Corsair dedicated forum. So it's hearsay, sure ... but a much larger sample size. As for the EVGA issue - it didn't hit me. But it hit others. And I was actively involved in determining the issue and a resolution. Even though it didn't happen based on my personal experience. You see, experience with a product can come from much more than personal use.

By the way ... so glad that you like my Corsair RGB system diagram. ;)

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador

I get what you're saying and here, it's up to every person to decide whom to believe. Also, there's no point for us to derail current topic by continuing this discussion between personal experience and hearsay.

That Corsair RGB fan diagram that i've shared within this forums is well drawn and gets the point across far better than explaining all of it in text. Hence the reason why i use it.