A plea for help!

G

User 1:

I have an Athlon 1.3ghz, 256 sdram, asus a7v mb, radeon 64 vivo and no matter what in any games i run, there is this choppiness when turning and going sideways, all other 3d accelleration is stunningly perfect. I've tried replacing every single part in the system including the mouse, yet this is still here. Is this the extent of what 3d gaming in the 21st century is capable of?

From Me:

Hi, i got a A7V as well, except mine is a 133-C. I got the same problem as you, its not tearing but a sort of texture jerk which really sux. it worsens for me in 1024x768 and higher resolutions, but its still there a tiny bit in 800 and 640. my overall framerates are very high btw. all of the things people mentioned are no good. i believe this has something to do with the motherboard, via/asus really fuucked up something there with the agp or whatever somehow. ive tried everything under the sun to fix this and absolutely nothing works, whatever this is, its pretty damn low level in the hardware. could possibly be shitty via 4in1 drivers for this particular via chipset. i used to run a cerleron 450 with my geforce and things where fine, now with this new mobo and athlon 1200c, this crap comes along. i notice is mostly in first person shooters, and under diffent 3d games/engines like UT, NOLF, Mech4, Deus Ex. For me i get it with floors mainly, as you run around a map, the floor textures should move past you smoothly but they stutter as they go unneath your gun. such a shame. im actually considering getting a new mobo, maybe a ddr mobo cause i notice we both using sdram as well. hmmm...i been in the 3d card/tweaking business a while now, and ive exhaustively tried to get rid of this annoying thing, but to no avail. theres something very wrong here. :(

We have both tried alot of things to fix this, alot of things. :p Like playing with bios setings, flashing bios of mobo and 3d card, vertical refresh rates, vsync, agp transfer rates, aparture sizes, diffrent nidia ref drivers, directx and direct draw rates and drivers, 3d tweaking software like nvmax, played with the standard nvidia options, underclocking, swapping mem and hardware around, win cache sizes, via 4in 1 driver options (using absolute latest v4.32), playing with differnt resolutions, colour depths, graphic engines, on and on and on...

any suggestions? :)

Athlon 1350C/FSB135*10
Asus A7V133-C MOBO
256MB PC133 RAM
Asus 32MB Geforce 256 DDR

Schmide

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
If your problem has to do with frame rates dropping when you use an input device, mouse, keyboard, usb device, etc, I would focus on that device. See if you can identify a shared interrupt with the troublesome device. I’d also start by disabling or removing your sound card. Simplify your system and see if it still happens. Could your modem and you mouse be sharing the same COM interrupt having one cascade off the other? Almost never use the first slot next to the AGP. Other slots to avoid are 4 or 5 as they often get shared with the IDE. Switch on and off your vertical retrace sync. If worst comes to worst you can manually assign interrupts and COM addresses in your BIOS.

Just a few idears

Schmide

Have either of you tried a different cpu in your setup??
I have followed this post for a while and allways try to help if i can.
It seems that both of you have tried to change everything but your cpu. Who knows ??? It seems the common part is now the cpu in all of the configurations that you have tried.

I aint signing nothing!!!

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Yes, your mouse for Win9x is stuck at 40hz timing, 40 samples/sec. Which means when rotating it will delay the movement so you are more likely to see the sudden dramatic jumps. Which when you rotate is more noticeable then when using the keyboard going forward and backwards or sideways since most game engines has a acceleration and de-acceleration with running and moving sideways but none for rotating your viewpoint. Also when you rotate with your keyboard you are also limited by the keyboard timing as well. WinMe changed this to 89hz or 89samples/sec. Here is a program that will work with Win98(se) to speed up your mouse sample rate for that smooth rotating ability:

<A HREF="http://www.tweakfiles.com/input/ps2rateplus.html" target="_new">PS2Rate</A>

If you are using W2K let me know, you can change the mouse sample rate inside of W2K mouse drivers advance settings tab. Let me know how this works out. Your the first one I know that notice this effect. It has nothing to do with your motherboard or cpu in your case.

<b><font color=blue>1.5</b></font color=blue> T-Bird
<b><font color=red>2.1</b></font color=red> P4 Speed

BuGaLoU

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
Could be the AMD/AGP issue. Down load the large page minimum reg entry. I had problems with lock ups with my GF3 and that fixed it. Could be the radions way of showing the problem instead of locking up

Computer: $2000 Internet Access: $40 Registering for forums: Free A good signature: Priceless

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
i used ps2 rate for a while on my old 98 system...
then one day it mysteriously started cauzing my computer to completely freeze when browsing iexplore.
took me a weekend to figure out that ps2rate was the culprit

very strange.

Quote from the Hamster: "Why is it that Morons are just smart enough to understand how to breed?"

TRENDING THREADS