A Pre-Built computer question

Aug 19, 2018
Hey all, I am wanting to buy a gaming computer in the coming months, but I don't want to build one because I am clumsy and would rather pay extra to reassure myself! :p

I have customised a pre-built PC online, putting in what little PC knowledge I know to customise it. Is it good? What can I add? Thanks! :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X - 8-Core 3.70GHz, 4.35GHz Turbo - 16MB L3 Cache Processor
HDD: 1TB Seagate BarraCuda SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM Hard Drive (1 Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4/2400mhz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance LPX w/Heat Spreader)
MOTHERBOARD: MSI A320M Pro-VD/S: M-ATX w/ 2 RAM Slots, USB 3.1, SATA3
SSD: 240GB Gigabyte SATA III Gaming MLC Solid State Disk
VIDEOCARD: MSI GeForce® GTX 1060 3GB
POWERSUPPLY: Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 600W 80+ Gaming Power Supply

Solution
There are a few things you need to consider about your build.

1. Motherboard
You are picking a high end CPU, so you should go for a motherboard that will be able to keep up. Go for either a high end B350 or a Budget X370.
Also note that you have a 2nd generation Ryzen CPU and they have released new motherboards that are specially made for the 2nd generation. These are the B450 and X470 motherboards.
I personally have the Asus ROG Strix B450-f Gaming on my Ryzen 7 2600X, which I highly recommend. There are other options out there like:
- MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
- Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro
- MSI B450 Tomahawk (for cheaper options)

2. GPU
I would really recommend upgrading you GTX 1060 3Gb --> to 6Gb of VRAM. You will feel the...
There are a few things you need to consider about your build.

1. Motherboard
You are picking a high end CPU, so you should go for a motherboard that will be able to keep up. Go for either a high end B350 or a Budget X370.
Also note that you have a 2nd generation Ryzen CPU and they have released new motherboards that are specially made for the 2nd generation. These are the B450 and X470 motherboards.
I personally have the Asus ROG Strix B450-f Gaming on my Ryzen 7 2600X, which I highly recommend. There are other options out there like:
- MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
- Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro
- MSI B450 Tomahawk (for cheaper options)

2. GPU
I would really recommend upgrading you GTX 1060 3Gb --> to 6Gb of VRAM. You will feel the difference, and it will last you longer.

3. RAM
The motherboards I've suggest can either support RAM at 2400Mhz or 2666Mhz natively. So definitely check out your motherboard's spec list and try to at the very least achieve the highest native speed.
Also, Ryzen loves higher RAM, going for 3000Mhz or even 3200Mhz is something you should consider as well.

4. PSU
For a high-end build like this one, I recommend getting a better quality PSU. Something like:
- Corsair CX650M
- Seasonic Focus Plus 650 Gold
- EVGA 650GQ (a bit pricier)
- Seasonic M12II-620w EVO (a bit cheaper)

These are a lot of upgrades so if this is the budget you are going for, I recommend getting a slightly lower CPU like a lower R7 or R5 2600X and upgrading everything else because it's important to have synergy.

I have a similar setup to this one (see my footnote/signature). I will run the following games on 1080p on MAX settings at the following FPS:
- Fortnite: 144 FPS
- Realm Royale: 144 FPS
- CSGO: 120 FPS
- Call of Duty Black Ops IV (beta): 120 FPS
- PUBG: 70 FPS
- World of Warcraft (Questing): 100 FPS
- World of Warcraft (Big Cities at Peak Hours): 50 FPS.
- World of Warcraft (Dungeon): 200 FPS
- World of Warcraft (Raids): Lower your settings...

Solution